Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Delighted with our windows, but

Steve s

Just had a text from a new custy starting with we are delighted with our clean windows but can we change from six weekly to six monthly?

I explained that the price given £18 was for six weekly and if they would now like to change to 24 weekly then the price will be £90

Don't think I'll be asked to come back

I'm really starting to enjoy window cleaning again, years ago I would have put up with **** like this but this time I've decided to bin anyone that pisses me off before they get a second chance.

Six weekly to six monthly is a big jump. I get the odd one who originally signs up for four weekly and then asks to switch to eight weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

ive got 3 six monthly 18,18,20 take a few mins more thats all & 1 of them is on a busy rd but they're all next to regular cheaper work

I love it when they say they will call me when they want a clean. It normally coincides with a family bbq or they have visitors they need to impress.

I agree to go at a particular time, as close to the big day as possible.

Then just don't go, when they phone to ask where you are say your too busy.

Try to time it so it's too late to get another windie.

Make the most of life's little victories!

I've got a few big places on a three monthly...I wouldn't say no to a six monthly but it would have to be worth my while...£18 to £90 is a bit strong...£50 would be more like it and if the £18 quote takes thirty minutes than the extra graft on a six monthly wouldn't take any longer than forty-five minutes so the hourly rate would still be much better on a six monthly.

I usually just take them off my round say, "call me when you want them doing". That's not to say I drop everything for them, but every now and then they will call while you're in the area it may just be worth the while. If/when it isn't worth it, I just ditch them.

I don't want anything but regular, quick paying customers.

I always try to do the best job I can at a reasonable price and will not be used just to do odd jobs every now and then.

I'm just restarting back on the windows and life is too short to be messed about.

It will take me much longer to build up a decent round but that's fine.

I gave up before cos I got so ****** off dealing with awkward customers, I found if I cleaned twenty jobs and had one pain in the ass that's the one that I remembered on the way home and would put me in a **** mood.

I had a customer ring me wanting Windows cleaned again after dumping me for winter.

Told her I'm full but would put her on the waiting list and will contact her when I have availability.

Latest Posts

Back