Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
Trev81

I want to invest in a trolley and need to fill from van tank...

Trev81

So I really need to invest soon in a trolley as a few of the places I do I am sick of pulling out 60 odd metres of hose to clean 5 back windows, just think it's the way to go for some places and I seem to be getting more of these types including terraces… I will go for the new Xline 45L trolley as I think it looks sexy and I like the idea of 45L rather than 25L, but currently I just have a 650L tank with no fast fill outlet so can't fill a trolley from it currently, could any of you in the know explain in simple langauge what I need to buy and how to do it, if I think it is something I can do without dropping loads of nuts and washers in my tank i may have a go, failing that I will prob take it back to Xline and get them to put me a fill tap on.

Cheers

Elliot

All I did was put a hoselock 2 way tap just after the tank outlet . One tap always on leAding to the pump . The other with some hose attached . Mine is near the back door so to fill the trolley it's really easy . I lift the trolley out , put the hose in and 30 seconds its full.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Why is whipping out the hose an issue? Or is it the winding in @Trev81 ?

If it's the latter forget the trolley and get a power winder! :))

I did only three jobs today but all required the full 100 meters pulled out, with my Water Works Power up though no issue winding it in.

peter rogers
@Green Pro Clean Ltd how u find the power reel when on fiddly back like round a corner and rounbd a car etc sometimes i reel my back and its looped round itself

Adams0211

I think I'd rather pull out 60m of hose than lift a 45 litre trolley in and out. Out of interest, how much does it weigh empty?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Not so good when I used 8mm now I am on 6mm no probs at all.

Guest tlwcs
I think I'd rather pull out 60m of hose than lift a 45 litre trolley in and out. Out of interest, how much does it weigh empty?

Snap

Dave B

Backpack on a trolley is easy enough for access issues

Bilge pump in tank

Turn on and fill backpack or trolley in a couple of seconds

Taxlossloz

Trev I would really consider this first before buying

Trolleys are a real pain in the Arse

There heavy and awkward

Back pack is perfect and if you can't carry it then get a sack truck but even that I find annoying just carry it round back

peter rogers

build one like in the diy forum on here it looks good a sturdy and for half the price

Trev81

I should of gave more info... The issue is not pulling out hose off the reel or winding in as I am quite a strong chap and this doesnt bother me that much, I lift the reel out the van on most jobs as I like to lock the van up on most jobs, regularly have 100m out, but do want electric in the future as its a faster way of working and will future proof the back I guess.

The reason I want a trolley is for a few reasons, 1 been a future emplyee doing the backs via a trolley, I think work flow would be far faster than messing about with 2 reels out on some homes.

Areas where running loads of hose is not ideal and a trolley would be much better.

Certain homes I do have shared alleyways to the back yards a few doors away, where again its not ideal running hoses over non customers drives/gardens to get round the back, yes I could move the van after fronts to do then do the backs but again I feel a trolley option for the backs would be a better/faster solution.

The 45L trolley has wheels so no issue with weight, even full it aint going to be that heavy tbf.

peter rogers

lol 45l trolley not heavy ur talking 50-60 kilo there try lifting that in an out all day pmsl

Adams0211

To be fair, it's lighter than I thought it would be at 21kg. I wouldn't fancy lifting it in and out while it was full though. Then again, I am a bit of a girl.

Trev81
lol 45l trolley not heavy ur talking 50-60 kilo there try lifting that in an out all day pmsl

Why would I be lifting it in full..???

peter rogers

U going to empty it at every house ?

Poles Apart

Get a backpack wish I'd never bought a trolley

Poles Apart

Still not convinced about tanks on vans for most residential I've timed it reeling in and out doesn't make much sense to me most of the time make it adaptable sack truck blah blah

steve garwood

I get what your saying trev. I have a trolley, backpack and van mount, and when I have my mates son working with me, its blinding. He will whizz round the backs with it and because it holds 25L, you can get 3 - 4 backs done of 3 bed semis.

You can use them as van mounts just by throwing the inlet hose into the van tank (as long as you've attached a hose to the trolley).

People suggest backpacks, people suggest trolleys, people suggest van mounts. I suggest all three :thumbsup:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Only comment on a trolley is are the jobs tou want it for access friendly to a trolley?

I poo poohed the idea of backpacks for a long time then I got one (to compliment the van mount of course) and now think they're great.

If the jobs are only 5-6 windows per house perhaps a backpack is the way to go?

Dave B

Most jobs where i work are 3 bed terraced and semis

Backpack works well for those

Marko067

Sometimes you have to go down the trial and error route to find what works best for you and your work.

For me, the compact 25ltr Pure Freedom trolley, 25mtr of PU hose and an SL-X18 & 25 works really well. I have no need of and neither do I want a van mounted system as it would be surplus to my requirements. As much as I love the look of the 45ltr XLine trolley, it too would be overkill for me.

I have a mate who works with his son. They worked from a van mounted system for a long time but have found that using two 60ltr trolleys actually works best for them. I have two other friends who both work with their wives and have the full works, using backpacks for the odd job with access problems.

So it's very much horses for courses, and if the course changes adapt with it if need be.

Hunty
Why would I be lifting it in full..???

Start of the day maybe?

Hunty
So I really need to invest soon in a trolley as a few of the places I do I am sick of pulling out 60 odd metres of hose to clean 5 back windows, just think it's the way to go for some places and I seem to be getting more of these types including terraces… I will go for the new Xline 45L trolley as I think it looks sexy and I like the idea of 45L rather than 25L, but currently I just have a 650L tank with no fast fill outlet so can't fill a trolley from it currently, could any of you in the know explain in simple langauge what I need to buy and how to do it, if I think it is something I can do without dropping loads of nuts and washers in my tank i may have a go, failing that I will prob take it back to Xline and get them to put me a fill tap on.

Cheers

What I would do is fill it up when you fill your tank plus fill additional 25ltr drums and simply top up, if only using for a few back here and there maybe all you need?

Barney

I use a trolley system.

For me being on my own with no co workers, I feel safer in public areas knowing I have no large amounts of trailing hose for people to trip on etc. (for normal estates it dosn't matter too much).

Also I find a trolley system good for hard to access areas, or restricted parking etc.

But I am looking at a van with DIY system. I would just use a bilge pump to pump water from van tank to containers.

You wouldn't believe how some people just don't look where they are going. I had a tourist walk into my ladder (when I was trading). Her family members told her off lol, but nearly knocked me off.

Trev81
Start of the day maybe?

My idea is quite simple, store trolley in van, pull out when needed 'empty' take to the side door of my van, fill what I need roughly for the job via a fast fill from the van tank, then once done pick it up and put it back in the van.

I plan to use my main system 95% of the time but there are times where a trolley would be better suited

Taxlossloz

Now you put it that way Trev I see your point

We done some good days with van mount plus trolley

They are very expensive new

Build one or strap back pack to a sack truck unless you got spare cash to blast ( pure freedom trolley is robust )

Taxlossloz

A trolley is a good back up van system too if owt goes wrong with main pump etc just plug in trolley to tank

Marko067

Freedom trollies come up quite regularly on eBay at a fraction of the cost of a new one. I believe there were a couple on there last week. Is it worth perhaps buying a new one if its only going to be used 5% of the time? It also wouldn't need such a big battery. A lighter one could be used to keep the weight down.

LiamT
I should of gave more info... The issue is not pulling out hose off the reel or winding in as I am quite a strong chap and this doesnt bother me that much, I lift the reel out the van on most jobs as I like to lock the van up on most jobs, regularly have 100m out, but do want electric in the future as its a faster way of working and will future proof the back I guess.

The reason I want a trolley is for a few reasons, 1 been a future emplyee doing the backs via a trolley, I think work flow would be far faster than messing about with 2 reels out on some homes.

Areas where running loads of hose is not ideal and a trolley would be much better.

Certain homes I do have shared alleyways to the back yards a few doors away, where again its not ideal running hoses over non customers drives/gardens to get round the back, yes I could move the van after fronts to do then do the backs but again I feel a trolley option for the backs would be a better/faster solution.

The 45L trolley has wheels so no issue with weight, even full it aint going to be that heavy tbf.

have you thought about fitting power up reels?

they save me shed loads of time and are a joy to use, just make sure you put the right hose on them which is 6mm, no back ache either!!