Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I want to invest in a trolley and need to fill from van tank...

Trev81

So I really need to invest soon in a trolley as a few of the places I do I am sick of pulling out 60 odd metres of hose to clean 5 back windows, just think it's the way to go for some places and I seem to be getting more of these types including terraces… I will go for the new Xline 45L trolley as I think it looks sexy and I like the idea of 45L rather than 25L, but currently I just have a 650L tank with no fast fill outlet so can't fill a trolley from it currently, could any of you in the know explain in simple langauge what I need to buy and how to do it, if I think it is something I can do without dropping loads of nuts and washers in my tank i may have a go, failing that I will prob take it back to Xline and get them to put me a fill tap on.

Cheers

All I did was put a hoselock 2 way tap just after the tank outlet . One tap always on leAding to the pump . The other with some hose attached . Mine is near the back door so to fill the trolley it's really easy . I lift the trolley out , put the hose in and 30 seconds its full.

Why is whipping out the hose an issue? Or is it the winding in @Trev81 ?

If it's the latter forget the trolley and get a power winder! /emoticons/smile.png)

I did only three jobs today but all required the full 100 meters pulled out, with my Water Works Power up though no issue winding it in.

I think I'd rather pull out 60m of hose than lift a 45 litre trolley in and out. Out of interest, how much does it weigh empty?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think I'd rather pull out 60m of hose than lift a 45 litre trolley in and out. Out of interest, how much does it weigh empty?

Snap

Backpack on a trolley is easy enough for access issues

Bilge pump in tank

Turn on and fill backpack or trolley in a couple of seconds

Trev I would really consider this first before buying

Trolleys are a real pain in the ****

There heavy and awkward

Back pack is perfect and if you can't carry it then get a sack truck but even that I find annoying just carry it round back

I should of gave more info... The issue is not pulling out hose off the reel or winding in as I am quite a strong chap and this doesnt bother me that much, I lift the reel out the van on most jobs as I like to lock the van up on most jobs, regularly have 100m out, but do want electric in the future as its a faster way of working and will future proof the back I guess.

The reason I want a trolley is for a few reasons, 1 been a future emplyee doing the backs via a trolley, I think work flow would be far faster than messing about with 2 reels out on some homes.

Areas where running loads of hose is not ideal and a trolley would be much better.

Certain homes I do have shared alleyways to the back yards a few doors away, where again its not ideal running hoses over non customers drives/gardens to get round the back, yes I could move the van after fronts to do then do the backs but again I feel a trolley option for the backs would be a better/faster solution.

The 45L trolley has wheels so no issue with weight, even full it aint going to be that heavy tbf.

To be fair, it's lighter than I thought it would be at 21kg. I wouldn't fancy lifting it in and out while it was full though. Then again, I am a bit of a girl.

Still not convinced about tanks on vans for most residential I've timed it reeling in and out doesn't make much sense to me most of the time make it adaptable sack truck blah blah

I get what your saying trev. I have a trolley, backpack and van mount, and when I have my mates son working with me, its blinding. He will whizz round the backs with it and because it holds 25L, you can get 3 - 4 backs done of 3 bed semis.

You can use them as van mounts just by throwing the inlet hose into the van tank (as long as you've attached a hose to the trolley).

People suggest backpacks, people suggest trolleys, people suggest van mounts. I suggest all three :thumbsup:

Only comment on a trolley is are the jobs tou want it for access friendly to a trolley?

I poo poohed the idea of backpacks for a long time then I got one (to compliment the van mount of course) and now think they're great.

If the jobs are only 5-6 windows per house perhaps a backpack is the way to go?

Most jobs where i work are 3 bed terraced and semis

Backpack works well for those

Latest Posts

Back