Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner 18ft xtreme2 wfp

G

Graham chitty

i thought I would treat myself to the gardiner 18 ft xtreme wfp just to see how good and light and rigid it was well the first day I used it the pole was extended and resting on the conservatory roof gutter section when it decided to slid off and hit the decking fence and broke the top section in half, I phone gardener up about this and all they could give me was a discount on a top section of the pole much to my disgust any I carried on using the pole and regulary cleaned it with pure water and just this week on my on my first clean of the day when I extended the pole to clean a small 3 bed house the middle section broke in half so that's it just a bit of advise to fellow wfp cleaners not to waste your money on these poles as I've gone back to composite poles.

I've been using Gardiner poles for years and have had the odd issue here and there but Gardiner have always sorted me out.

On the whole there poles are far better than any others I've tried on the market.

The gardiner composite has been a great pole for me but not this xtreme pole I'm trying to get in touch with them via phone but no answer still

I am confused how the pole falling on a fence and breaking is Gardiners fault and surely kind of them to offer you a discount on New swection. If i crash my car it will get damaged i doubt vauxhall will give me a discount on a new one!

I am confused how the pole falling on a fence and breaking is Gardiners fault and surely kind of them to offer you a discount on New swection. If i crash my car it will get damaged i doubt vauxhall will give me a discount on a new one!
Ok explanation on the middle section breaking please.

Is this the v2 with the metal bands or the latest v3?Tony
yes

Is this the v2 with the metal bands or the latest v3?Tony
the v2 with metal bands tony

I have heard some negative reports on the strength of these poles, all poles will fall to the ground it happens all the time an important tool of the trade should be able to withstand closing the odd window or being dropped it's not like it's heavy abuse.

yes
the v2 with metal bands tony
Thank you. I also had one I broke shutting a window and sold the sections on

Looking to buy 2 v3 1x 22" and 1x35 they are in my cart but I can't seem to press pay lol

Tony

It's a lot of money t

Looking to buy 2 v3 1x 22" and 1x35 they are in my cart but I can't seem to press pay lol

Tony
It's a lot of money to part with when apprehension creeps in due to a bad experience.

It's a lot of money t
It's a lot of money to part with when apprehension creeps in due to a bad experience.

Mate I'm knackered. I need all the help I can get. I have bought an electric reel that I need to fit, after I managed to damage it when assembling.

Normally Gardiners stuff is superb and if there's a problem he sorts it.

The v2 was not in production that long so maybe it was flawed, who knows.

Your right though it's a lot of money.

That's why I'm sticking with SLX versions until I'm satisfied about the reliability I'd hate to part with that kind of money if they refuse to replace. With these Univalves and an Extreme brush an SLX18 is light it does most of my work so I think I can cope.

Ok explanation on the middle section breaking please.
Graham,

I would say the offer Gradiner's gave you a discount is pretty good as most would not do that. And also good fro you being honest on how it happened as a lot would not own up.

You may find that with the fall you may have split the middle section without knowing.

I have heard some negative reports on the strength of these poles, all poles will fall to the ground it happens all the time an important tool of the trade should be able to withstand closing the odd window or being dropped it's not like it's heavy abuse.
Not happy at all with this pole payed over £400 for this pole last November it should be a strong and withstand a lot of abuse at there prices really annoyed with and never again buy xtreme I've sent them pictures of the broken section and other sections and numerous questions fgs

Graham,
I would say the offer Gradiner's gave you a discount is pretty good as most would not do that. And also good fro you being honest on how it happened as a lot would not own up.

You may find that with the fall you may have split the middle section without knowing.
you would say that being a supplier for gardiner.

That's why I'm sticking with SLX versions until I'm satisfied about the reliability I'd hate to part with that kind of money if they refuse to replace. With these Univalves and an Extreme brush an SLX18 is light it does most of my work so I think I can cope.
Stick to your sox or clx I'll never get xtreme again and gardiner won't accept there to blame for poorly manufacture poles.

Tony
Don't bother pressing pay button bloody con men

Not happy at all with this pole payed over £400 for this pole last November it should be a strong and withstand a lot of abuse at there prices really annoyed with and never again buy xtreme I've sent them pictures of the broken section and other sections and numerous questions fgs
you would say that being a supplier for gardiner.
I have had a many of customers who have rang up and ordered a section of their CLX or SLX pole because it broke due to them dropping the pole or standing on it so it can happen to any pole.

The Xtreme is a great pole which a lot of users who have back problems have found such a difference.

It is built for lightness, hence not a pole to be thrown around etc..

Understand your frustration with the money you have spent and your honesty in saying how it happened but any pole in that scenario there will have been risk to damage.

Any manufacturer or supplier would same the same.

@Graham chitty i think it was @Damo done a video also on how to maintain carbon poles

Yes I've read that and must confess I've never really cleaned any pole that regularly, but will do.

I think the issue here is/was the strength of the v2 model, I broke mine shutting a window. I hoped that it would withstand a drop and be able to push too an open window.

It would seem the v3 is an improvement without the bands and are a very rated pole in the main for people with knackered shoulders or joints.

I will order the two in my cart, as soon as I can come to terms with taking that much out the bank.

Tony

Latest Posts

Back