Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

These do my head in. End caps.

I wouldn't bother. There are so many different designs, plus if custy has lost them it's their problem.

I did a conny last Saturday and all the end caps were missing, a total of 15 I think. She managed to find 7, but the slots had been broken off on the roof. I had to find some silicone sealant in her shed and bodge just the 7 :rolleyes:

There's the difference. I will bother.

When you buy the replacements they come with the other bit they clip onto. A quick phillips screw and job done.

It will of course be mentioned at quote stage. If she needs 15 of them then thats £75 on the bill.

Some will go for it. Some wont. But they will at least have the choice.

I clean then using a car detailing brush and a bottle of ubik to squirt on, agitate tgen rinse off, then to bring them up like new a bit of cream cleaner on a microfibre, little details like those make a massive difference to the finished conservatorty as those are what you can see clearly from the ground looking up.

Stocking items is like a curse, whenever I used to do it it would jinx me and I'd never get the same job again. The moment I get fed up carrying them around I take them out my van... and then I need them... but it's closer to go to the shop then return for them, so I end up buying another load. I prefer to know where the stockists are, and then pick them up on my lunch break. I also find that when you already have stocks, the customer always assumes you get them super cheap or free from another job, and when you go and quote the price, they think they are being ripped off even when they're not....whereas when you say you're going to pick them up at lunch, they'll be about __much, it's easier to add a charge. Customers are funny creatures.

Just go carefull on them and they rarely fall off, plenty of cleaner to soak mind.

I learned the hard way on the first conny roof i did i knocked about 6 off, broke a couple and didnt realise until an angry customer rang complaining, i just thought they were already missing, never did get paid for that job.

Just go carefull on them and they rarely fall off, plenty of cleaner to soak mind.
I learned the hard way on the first conny roof i did i knocked about 6 off, broke a couple and didnt realise until an angry customer rang complaining, i just thought they were already missing, never did get paid for that job.
Think I remember you posting about that one. /emoticons/smile.png)

Yes lol it was my first one, underpriced at £15, took me 2 hours and I ended up not getting paid and lost them as a regular customer.

The joys of starting out

Back