Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Building up a round

Clearvision

cleaning since 2015
What is the best way to build up a round, I've been trying I've ordered loads of leaflets had them delivered and Facebook buy sell swap groups as well, working okay but I want more customers any advice ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Knock on doors evety spare minute you have

If it's during the working day and you don't have a job to do you need to be knocking not sitting at home

Soon build it up

I'm telling you the most houses I ever got was working on a Saturday morning ! The best about it is the people come to you!

I used to deliberately do new cleans on a saturday for that reason

Now i cannae be arsed

I was only thinking this morning I haven't picked up many new ones this week. Went out and picked up 7 new cleans from one area. Was brilliant. They have seen me there now doing it for a few months and today decided to take the jump.

All monthly apart from 1 who wants every other month.

But In reply to the question. I have only been going six months now. I think there is a lot that goes into it. Website, leaflets, canvassing (I haven't done any still but that's because I hate door knocking) and presence. People see you out there any you do a good job they will ask

I'm trying to build, website (managed website bad idea) leaflets (no phone calls) Facebook (best one ), door knocking (hate it) messers on doorsteps not for me.

No one method will get you all the work you want straight away. Drop leaflets, advertise, have a website (it needs to be up for at least a year to climb the rankings), talk to friends about the business, facebook, free ads, branding, getting out and working to be seen,......the list goes on. It takes time and persistance.

It's all usefull. Canvassing is by far the quickest but you have to have the mentality for it as it can become sole destroying getting no after no and them when you do pick a few up they turn out to be messers and bad payers. I think all the methods work leaflets websites local mags facebook etc. But the absolute key to it all I's to be consistent and persistent despite the messers and keeping going. Much easier said than done there's days when you go out canvassing or with bad payers and really question wtf am I doing I just want to cry and pack it all on and go back to job security.

Best thing I've found lately is setting a routine and managing time. So Monday get up hit face book go out and clean. When finished canvass minimum of 2 hours more if you can come home hit facebokk. Tuesday same except I don't canvass I come home and go out on my bike. Weds same but canvass etc. Or whatever you choose.

You should be out canvassing 24/7 they will tell you not going on your bike. I disagree I started this job to enjoy myself and earn decent money not torture myself. I love found if you plan it out and manage your time to be the most efficent you don't have to stress out and work 12 hour days. Price well, always compact as much as possible and remember to keep your sanity by giving your self some time off to enjoy life a bit. Enjoy the journey, it's hard for some people is ultra hard (I hate door knocking with a passion) but just focus on your target block everything else out and keep moving forward day after day

And thanks for reading my drivel.

Poles give these a go. They done mine and was top page within 2-3 months (not sure if that's good but I was happy and get quite a lot of enquiries)Price is really good as well

Hugoton Hosting - Home

Thanks Alex I am on page 2 on google in one district of Birmingham but after 9 months at £30 a month it's a joke I expect new work to at least pay for the website cost thing is this is a managed website by one of the biggest web companies in the world, maybe websites are a waste of time?

Thanks Alex I am on page 2 on google in one district of Birmingham but after 9 months at £30 a month it's a joke I expect new work to at least pay for the website cost thing is this is a managed website by one of the biggest web companies in the world, maybe websites are a waste of time?
Cancel that **** @Poles Apart talk to @Gav .. £10 per month and will get you up the rankings quick.

I thought you went to cancel and they reduced it to £6 monthly?

Late afternoons when people ( neigbors come home from work , thats brings new business for me at least . Its tempting to just finish early but nobody sees you in the area youre working .

Yeah canvassing is best. I did 2 or 3 hours on wednesday and got two new customers.

If you say to yourself something like 'I wont stop knocking on doors until I've got one new customer' then your more likely to succeed I think.

There is plenty of work out there, there really is. I like to think that the wealthier the client, the more they love to spend money and make their house look lovely and clean. Thinking like this as you knock gives you a nice energy when they answer.

I am also uniformed and I think this is important. If you knock in a pair of jeans and a random t shirt then it doesn't really look professional, so I'd say get a uniform in general with your name across the brest and on your back.

Back