Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegeeoff now available at B&Q

TolishAPurd

As the title says. I know @tench likes this stuff. I picked up a bottle today and will be trying it out on some big glass tomorrow. It was about £4 a bottle. They still sell the hg which i have loads of already.

Ooooh theres a b&q just 5 mins away, so will pick some up tomoz. Give it a whirl..
The hg is in the contract cleaning section, and the squeegee off is in the household cleaning bit. Worth picking up both, the he is about 2.50 - £3.

Hi mate what's hg please?
It comes in 500ml bottles, do a quick Google and you'll find it, I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link it for you.

Slip on the hg is very good mate. But i find it works best when you have a squirt in the bucket, but then add a few dots to the applicator. Not too much though, this will last most of the day.

i luv the ettore squeegee off also the hg is very good glass dont smear when ur polishing window with microfiber i have tryed loads of combos and washing up liquids ect and found the squeegee off the best

The hg is in the contract cleaning section, and the squeegee off is in the household cleaning bit. Worth picking up both, the he is about 2.50 - £3.

It comes in 500ml bottles, do a quick Google and you'll find it, I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link it for you.
Thanks tolish!

Just been and they dont stock either!! Nearest b&q that does is 14 miles away.. Wounded, ill just have to order some online..

Just been and they dont stock either!! Nearest b&q that does is 14 miles away.. Wounded, ill just have to order some online..
Strange how hit n miss the b&qs can be. Mine was selling it before, and then stopped for quite a while and I just stumbled across it yesterday while on lunch. So keep an eye out for it, it might just appear in the next few weeks. Until then, grab some hg if you haven't already, big difference to normal soap in use. Feels nice on the glass but doesn't clog up your cloth the same as washing up liquid.

Strange how hit n miss the b&qs can be. Mine was selling it before, and then stopped for quite a while and I just stumbled across it yesterday while on lunch. So keep an eye out for it, it might just appear in the next few weeks. Until then, grab some hg if you haven't already, big difference to normal soap in use. Feels nice on the glass but doesn't clog up your cloth the same as washing up liquid.
They dont stock hg either, they have the hg mould remover and some other stuff, but nothing for glass, not even the spray. Ill just keep an eye for it.

Little tip with the hg, don't put the bottle in your bucket like you might with others. The bottles suck, leak and break very easily. Eventually you can end up with it being watered down. I have one such bottle which I just use straight to applicator it's gone so weak, better than throwing it away.

Given the squeegee off a couple of goes now, and as expected it's perfect. Perfect slip, cleaned off the sills easily much like the hg. If I was to compare the two, I would go for the squeegee off, but there's not much in it. More bubbles than hg, which I like. Both the soaps mentioned in this thread are worth it for the regular cleans, with a bottle of magnum premium lemon for the first and one off cleans.

Only first impressions, it takes a bottle to really know what you're dealing with, and I have changed my mind half way through before.

Is it definitely 'Ettore'?

Back