Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SKY vac

Thinking about buying a skyvac to clear out gutters but the price tag for this one is only £385 on window cleaning warehouse i thought they were £3000?SkyVac Atom 4 Pole System

what do peoplle think about the skyvac????
hi

go to Jason at Gutter force, tell him Paul from Barnsley recommended you he did me a great kit with brilliant camera etc a lot less than skyvac gear and better carbon poles too... all the best

well all I can say is Jason was brilliant with me and the kit is really good and still going strong, nice bloke too who runs a very successful business - gutter force, cheers

Hi mate has he got a website?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
ive just emailed asking if its ready yet he has a normal website for his own business just google gutter-force gutter clearing, he was in progress of an equipment site, just give him a ring say Paul Luckman in Barnsley recommended you, did me a great deal and kit is excellent to think I nearly wasted a lot of money on skyvac gear, cheers

I have a gutter vac which the first year I had it I used it loads, but haven't used it in a year or more, considering selling it but know I will regret it at some point, I just get up a ladder with a 5m harris pole and pro gutter tools on the end, loads faster and easier and you can check the downpipes while you're at it.

Of coarse if you are doing loads of 3+ story work the hoover is obviously great, but for domestic houses ladder and pole is quicker and easier I find.

ide never spend loads on a vac to b honist as its just a add on for me i have the grippa vac £700 2400w it has side entery so dont block 51mm inlet i got my poles from blade rite £280 36ft airo space alli i find the vac more fun to use and it looks very pro but can be slower to set up but quicker to use unless u have matted grass it realy exsells on slugy gutters . the sky vac atom is the baby sky vac the sky vac industrel is the daddy that vac van dead lift 6 kilo 4200w i think wich needs a genny so ide never go over 3000w as i use custmers lecky

Gutter Vacuum Package Kits - GrippaTank

Blade Right Cleaning Supplies: Home

Hi, I bought the complete package from skyvac (industrial) last year. At first I didn't want to invest in a too much expensive kit. But I think it's best to buy good quality tools. For example, the carbon poles are very light and robust. The first job we made was the gutter cleaning of a church (not the Bell tower) with 12 m high. It was easy to do the job in 4 hours (two persons). The vacuum cleaner with 2 motors is incredibly powerful, if we don't pay attention we can remain stuck on the gutter. Thus I can say that I am a satisfied customer with skyvac equipment.

How did you clear the downpipes? or even check if they were blocked?
i find if u push the nossel in the down spout it will such the **** out if u hold it there, u can also here the pitch of the wind if the bottom of the down pipe doesent go in to the ground its a wistle noise if its blocked u wont here it

i find if u push the nossel in the down spout it will such the **** out if u hold it there, u can also here the pitch of the wind if the bottom of the down pipe doesent go in to the ground its a wistle noise if its blocked u wont here it
I said these things as well, then I started actually getting up the ladder and checking for real.

You would be surprised how many downpipes I thought were clear that weren't, the only way to be sure is to get up a ladder with a hose otherwise you are just guessing.

The use of a rear view mirror is very good. I use the wireless camera from skyvac or the old fashion way with the ladder (I've one until 12.5 m). I've bought the skyvac kit because here in Luxemburg the offer in gutter clearing tools is very reduced. The system is sold by Soteco dealers network. I have one dealer near us and he did 16 % discount on the total price so that is why I bought skyvac. Until today I'm a very satisfied customer.

The fact of working with such a system allows to charge our work better than a simple manual cleaning (even if manual cleaning is a very effective method). The only thing to do is not to be afraid of asking a good price for every job, the tools are expensive and clearing gutters is a very useful job.

I've an extension ladder in aluminium. I work with my brother (small family business). To set up alone a tall ladder is very dangerous.

Have you got a link @JEF ? I'm after a big ladder but not for gutters. I imagine its very difficult, I can handle my 7.5m ladder ok alone but I'm at full stretch

I've an extension ladder with cable (2 parts) from the manufacturer SOLIDE. I've an old version, the new is only 11.75 m high with a weight of 48 kg. I 've a smaller one (8.5 m high) too (from SOLIDE as well). Here in Luxemburg we can support the ladder directly against the gutters because they are very robust.

Latest Posts

Back