Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP pricing

jordan

Moving over to wfp next week !

i was going to put a short letter through every one of my customers doors all 400 of them /emoticons/sad.png lol just explaining everything

i normally charge roughly £12 for a 3 bed house cleaned every 6 weeks

a lot of my customers started with me because i was traditional so i expect to loose a few if i went 100% wfp

so i'm going to use probably 75% WFP and 25 trad for the ones who want to pay that little extra for the trad

anyway i don't know what price if i charge £12 for a 3 bed i was thinking of making it £10 WFP and add £3 for trad so if i did a 4 bed WFP would be £13 and trad be £16

i know it sounds like im making out WFP isnt as good but i would write in the letter the only reason WFP is cheaper is because its faster for me to do.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK BEST WAY TO PRICE UP IF YOU WANT TO DO A BIT OF TRAD ASWELL

Keep the same price for wfp and double it for trad/ladder work. (Because of your insurance)

If you lead them to think wfp is cheaper you'll never get anther price increase

Okay what i'm going to do is stick with WFP all same price but only do houses i cant do with wfp and il do with trad like access is bad or whatever Thanks /emoticons/smile.png

I actually shudder at the thought of ' the big change '

I found it a nightmare

If I could do it again I would have done sections at a time

Good luck mate it's stressful at times

Don't get me wrong it's the way forward you need to do it but it's hard at first

I mean sounds like you got a full time round ? Like me

So instead of converting the whole round at once consider doing 3 days on WFP then ladders 2 and convert gradual

Then you can relax on ladder days just earn the normal money without worrying about spotting and customers having a fit ! You will check some windows and they won't look great it's unavoidable - I learned most from when jobs went wrong

Get ladder off and go have a close look it's the only way to learn

You been squeezing soap into frames for years so it will take some getting out

Def stick with same prices too

The customer does get a more thorough clean and they do stay clean longer no matter what tradders say ! Plus less damage to their property and you can now reach where ladders can't

Keep a squeegee in your pocket and squeegee off Windows that spot just keep doing em with pure until the spots stop

Keep your pricing same as it is. Your doing the same job but using a different method.

Three months after changing over 300 customers, I have lost four. have gained more £ over the round to cover this loss, just by adding a pound or more for all the skylights and other windows that previously couldn't be done. it's still on my flyer that I do Trad, Don't get asked thought. I get asked to clean windows. Clean windows is what they get.

I changed from trad to wfp in 2004 and made the mistake of allowing a few customers to refuse the wfp.

Within a couple of cleans this had spread like a cancer through my round as people see you up a ladder and they want the same.

In the end I told them I was no longer insured to climb ladders and moved them all over.

I probably lost a half dozen old biddies that were underpriced anyway.

Once people see that wfp works well they are ok.

My advice is leave the ladder at home from day one but explain the wfp properly and sound enthusiastic about this fantastic new system you have invested in to provide a better service.

Don't know when you last put your prices up but it could be an ideal time to increase prices. Could say something like price increase due to new state of the art cleaning equipment. £1 each = £300 every six weeks may lose some but the price increase should cover that.

Always keep the ladder on the van -you are still use a ladder !

Gutters , balconies , flat roofs

Why would you not take a ladder to work

And some jobs are best trad so why use WFP

When I moved over I kept the same prices and didn't tell anyone, never had a complaint, if anyone asked I explained. I actually had one customer question it as she was normally at work but was home this one day and was maybe 10 months after I had switched and texted to say I had left the windows wet and she wasn't happy lol.

She was fine when I explained they had been done like this for months already.

********, I never carry a ladder, if I can't reach it with both feet on the ground I don't clean it.

I'm 6ft4 so can reach windows over most flat roofs with a decent length pole from the side usually.

Why risk a fall for the odd window I have to leave?

I would keep prices the same because wfp may be quicker but you have more equipment to maintain. I didn't need to so I didn't.

Only trad properties that you can't wfp. Those with excessively leaky windows for example. You then have a valid reason if someone should ask why you still trad a neighbors and not theirs.

Personally I would switch everything you can over straight away.

I certainly wouldn't trad some and wfp others in close proximity to each other at your customers whim. You'll create problems for yourself believe me. Stick with it. You will no doubt lose some though this is not a foregone conclusion. I lost four of my existing 400 customers three of whom are back on my books now and the other one now has a wfper clean hers as well.

First time around your pocket might take a hit unless you have extra time on your hands normally. Personally I did considerably less work in a day at the start and used a lot of water making sure I scrubbed and rinsed well. But that will change second and third time around.

If you do give them a note explaining, don't over complicate it. Your safety is the first and foremost reason for changing over. Anyone who can't see that I wouldn't want on my round.

Back