Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo wall cleaning

champers999

So Im nearly ready to do my first wall wash, I would like some input as to what I have purchased and see if Im missing anything or something yous would have done different.

Obviously this is starting on the cheap as an add on, I dont do pressure washing yet so trying to get this started basic.

Knapsack IK Multi Sprayer - 12 litre

any idea as the the best coloured/type nozzle to allow hypo with surfactant mix to spray on to the walls (if you could provide me a link would be great)

Sprayer Extension Lance - 5.4-metres

Sprayer Extension Lance - 3.2-metres

Not sure whether to go with a 5.4 meter lance (backpack operates at a max of 4 bar pressure so not sure if mix will even reach the end of the lance?) or would the 3.2 meter lance be better.

Got my Hypo and Surfactant (which I'm now told fairy or baby shampoo will do the same job?)

Now not sure if I need this do I? But I was thinking after spraying my solution on then I would use this to clean and rinse off?

Basic water fed pole, if there is something cheaper that you are aware then please let me know.

17FT WATER FED WINDOW CLEANING POLE, WITH BUILT IN SQUEEGEE: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I hope you appreciate I am doing this on the cheap and that you get what you pay for but until I see if this side of work takes off then I will look at getting the proper softwash gear.

Many thanks in advance

Champs

u need a wee bit of a stifffer brush imo

also the hypo will knacker that backpack fast the seals watch them as u dont want stuff running down ur body

but yes it will do to start off mate good job

u need a wee bit of a stifffer brush imo
also the hypo will knacker that backpack fast the seals watch them as u dont want stuff running down ur body

but yes it will do to start off mate good job
Thanks Peter,

I was told to get a sprayer with Viton seals which this IK sprayer has, so is it a waste of time going for this one mate, or should I just get a cheaper backpack sprayer.

Any thoughts on the lance size mate?

You don't need the WFP if you got decent mains pressure get a good long range X nozzle £20 Argos much quicker also

You don't need the WFP if you got decent mains pressure get a good long range X nozzle £20 Argos much quicker also
Thanks mate, Iv had a look on Argos but cant find it, when you get a chance can you post a link please?

Just a thought and Im sure the X nozzle is very good but do I still not need to scrub/brush the walls to get them clean?

That's the one

Well on walls it usually comes off

What sort of surface is it ?

I wouldn't bother with that cheap pole

Get Unger opti loc plus Unger screw on brush head , and fixi clamp

they comes in handy all the time plus you can use it for wagtail , gutters , roof scraping etc

Decided to stay out of 'Soft Wash' for a while, seems like a law suit waiting to happen, spraying bleaches and acids etc at height in 'mist' form.

My grandfather was a painter decorator by trade and had this huge stash of drop sheets. When painting an exterior of a building he would cover every car for at least 50 feet in either direction as those tiny drops off the roller can float some distance on the lightest of breezes.

Well I reckon that a softwash solution has the ability to 'float' a hell of a lot further. I doubt it will be long before the neighbor 5 doors down wonders why all his prize carp are dead and not long after that before he comes looking for you.!

The girl next door sues you for six pairs of designer jeans hanging on the washing line now covered with pink spots etc.

Too much risk at present.

That's the oneWell on walls it usually comes off

they comes in handy all the time plus you can use it for wagtail , gutters , roof scraping etc
That's the oneWell on walls it usually comes off

Its dash mostly mate

Back