Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

[SOLD] Brodex twin tanks 500ltr for DIY van mount

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGlassAct

Brought these recently to upgrade my van. I really haven't the time and 500ltrs is on the large side for my 750kg payload van. I was going to split and add controllers and pumps to sell separately but -again- have lost all enthusiasm as I still need to sort my own tank and filtration out.

Comes with the 25ltr resin vessel, 4020 RO housing and mounting straps. Does not have the auto shut off so this will need to be added if you want that function.

Easy project for someone wanting a DIY van mount.

I filled with tap water to leak check and it is water tight.

I have fitted some John guest 90 degree isolation valves in place of the original connecting hose, I will include a length of 15mm pipe to finish it off.

£225

3bd1332964ec55dbe5fb1d1028e8150d.jpg
fac75cba110c8229748934383252d649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Located in Burton-On-Trent for collection only. I can provide a varistream analogue controller and shurflo pump without pressure switch if needed.

I'm surprised too to be honest. I paid a bit more than what it's listed for but got some resin with it so not losing out too much. If I could be bothered to kit it out with controllers and pumps I would get good money for it on eBay. Would rather be cleaning though [emoji41]

Yes it does Eviestevie. I have the brackets and screws to go with it too. It would need a pre-filter and prob a carbon filter if you were going to go the whole hog with something like this . It has plenty of screw holes to attach stuff to.

Ok I'm not familiar with brodex systems

So if I was to have it would i be able to mount controller,prefilter and ro all face of the tank only its for lads van and need to set it up so he can fill at his

Look at 331862130295 on eBay, it's a completed listing but is the exact same tank - this is for two tanks strapped together. If you look at the RO housing the one I have doesn't have the hose connection directly above it.

Ok well I'm interested

I take it I'd have to run a hose between the first tank and into the second to fill both tanks

Yes, I have fitted some John guest isolation valves and have a length of 15mm pipe to connect. They run between each other and connect at the bottom. You can wire it up and plumb it however you like then. How far away are you? Are you close enough to come and have a look? My postcode is DE13 9TQ if you want to check distance

Your not far

Is there a outlet to fit a hose to fast fill a trolley?

Or is it just the 2 outlets that will be joined

Think there are four outlets in total. One is blanked off right at the bottom near where the RO sits and another blanked next to the existing rectus 26 fittings. You could easily add outlets with simple through bulkhead connectors, that's what I did to modify my tank.

Let me know if you want the measurements EvieStevie I will dig a tape measure out, from memory they fit in my current van with the existing tank still in ( when I picked them up ) and I only had 960mm X 1200 spare so I know the width is about 960 and the depth no more than 1000mm.

Ok mate will fit all he will be having is tanks and reel in van

So when you fill the tank is there a overflow at top so then it goes into second tank?

It's at the bottom, otherwise the water wouldn't drain from both fully . If you look at the second picture it's the grey valves at the bottom on the left corner. They are the valves I replaced with speed fit isolation valves.

Ok I see now lol

Last question do you have the ro mounts to mount to tank And is all the pipe work from ro to do vessel etc

Yes it has the RO mounting brackets, it's just the housing with no membrane or connectors or hose. The pipework is internal as far as I can remember for the DI, I think it connects to the pump and then goes to one of the outlets - don't quote me on that though as I am not 100%! Personally I was just going to take it all apart and start again - but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to things like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back