Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

38mm bore poles for gutter vac question!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

hi ugys i think ive decided on purchasing a skyvac atom with the discount at wcw at moment and wondering though do the 38mm bore hose or carbon poles get blocked much for those who use them?

i did fancy something with the 51mm bore but they tend to be more for the bigger vacs than can give more suction?

Can't see it making a massive difference pal plus these poles from gutter cleaning systems are full carbon not part carbon like a lot of others inc skyvac so hopefully that will offset difference.

To be fair (they're competition so I shouldn't be!!) they may not have realised themselves. To my knowledge they buy their poles from China and they use a different cloth which is quicker for them to make, we looked at China but decided to make our own Carbon poles to guarantee 100% carbon (and it's cheaper!). We had a Skyvac pole in about a year ago and we discovered they were part fibreglass then.

[QU?OTE=Alex Day, post: 331237, member: 10490]To be fair (they're competition so I shouldn't be!!) they may not have realised themselves. To my knowledge they buy their poles from China and they use a different cloth which is quicker for them to make, we looked at China but decided to make our own Carbon poles to guarantee 100% carbon (and it's cheaper!). We had a Skyvac pole in about a year ago and we discovered they were part fibreglass then.

Any idea what percentage?

In all honesty no, knowing about the cloths I would guess somewhere between 10 and 20 percent but that's only a guess it could be more.

Can't see it making a massive difference pal plus these poles from gutter cleaning systems are full carbon not part carbon like a lot of others inc skyvac so hopefully that will offset difference.
there is no pole around that is full carbon mate,carbon fibre comes in sheet form and needs resin to bond layers of sheets together

there is no pole around that is full carbon mate,carbon fibre comes in sheet form and needs resin to bond layers of sheets together
I think in this trade when we say full carbon we mean it's not hybrid etc like carbon with a big or small percentage of fibreglass

Back