Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the best make of leisure batteries

joe34

Hi like the title says I'm going to buy a leisure battery soon. Do they differ alot in quality or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks in advance.

That's great thanks for all the info did you all wire them up yourselves?

:eek:

Yes, but if you're asking that quaetion then perhaps you would be better off getting an auto electrician to do the job.

Buy a Varta. 5yr warranty. Best batteries on the market
Each of us has had good and bad experiences with batteries.

Numax is a very good leisure battery according to our experience, but according to them using it for wfp voids the warranty. So anyone who has had a Numax fail prematurely, whether it's thier fault or not, won't feel the same way.

At the moment Halfords seems to be a good place to buy a leisure battery as they honour the guarantee they give and exchange it once their service centers have check it out. Long may that last.

Buying a battery is much cheaper from internet suppliers, but what happens if the battery fails shortly after purchase? How is the warranty actioned? Who pays for return carriage so the manufacture can test it?

So my purchases of leisure batteries are made at the local motor factors. I pay a little more but that makes sense to me. If the local MF stopped ordering for me, then I would travel down to Halfords (9 miles away) and buy one of theirs. It may not be the best battery on the market for all I know, but I'm prepared to pay £10 - £15 more for a 110amph battery knowing I have a warranty that is a little more than a worthless bit of paper - ie Numax.

The first batch of Numax's I bought lasted well. 4 years for 110amp, 5 years for 1 x 85 amp and the other 85 amp is over 6 years old and still works ok. But I didn't replace mine with another Numax due to the warranty. I have an Oldham Leisure battery now which is just on 2 years old and it done the job. What I like about the Oldham is that it can be topped up with water whereas the Numax were/are maintenance free.

My first 110 amph battery was Orange by name and colour. They (I bought 2) were purchased from a caravan/motorhome supplier on the A1. They both lasted over 3 years and were good valve for money. I think the 110amph cost about £45.00 on their end of session sale.

Back