Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing cost for commercial

Steve s

I have a girl that canvasses for me,I pay an agreed figure and she is really good at the job and her pricing is better than mine(she adds 3 quid in case she's missed any windows)

Her background is in sales to businesses and she would like to approach some quite large places.

What would be a reasonable percentage to pay her for bigger jobs?

Many thanks

Just received a list of work she canvassed yesterday

14 domestic jobs right in the middle of my existing work and 2 small shop fronts done weekly.

It was pouring rain until 10 so a good result I think

Far better than the so called professional company I employed early this year.

Looks like I'll be working like a dog tomorrow to do them all.

She's off out again this afternoon,I've told her to book them for Wednesday.

She knows absolutely nothing about window cleaning, just how to count them and work out a price using a guide I gave her.

I pay her the first clean when it's cleaned and agreed to pay half of the second clean when it's done.

This young lady only works for me in her spare time but is going to canvass full time next year if she can find enough demand.

What a good idea, I'll have a chat with her.

She's working this week so no more knocking till Saturday

If she knocked my door I'd definitely have my windows done

(If the wife was out and I was 20 years younger)

If she worked for me (and she's as good as you say) I'd let her set her own remuneration package and targets. If you ever find her surplus to requirements, point her in my direction.

Did the first cleans yesterday,

12 no problem ( couple of awkward access windows)

1 out with gate locked rebooked today

1 changed her mind and said it's a one off

Pretty good I reckon

She's at her job all week and only knocks weekends so I'll see what next week brings

I have a girl that canvasses for me,I pay an agreed figure and she is really good at the job and her pricing is better than mine(she adds 3 quid in case she's missed any windows)Her background is in sales to businesses and she would like to approach some quite large places.

Many thanks
Hello Steve

I 'm looking for a good canvasser so i would not mind if you kindly would ask her if she would be able to do canvassing in North London.

This canvassing would be 3-4 times a year £1000 of customers.Do you think she would be interested to do it?

I have a girl that canvasses for me,I pay an agreed figure and she is really good at the job and her pricing is better than mine(she adds 3 quid in case she's missed any windows)Her background is in sales to businesses and she would like to approach some quite large places.

Many thanks
Hello Steve

I 'm looking for a good canvasser so i would not mind if you kindly would ask her if she would be able to do canvassing in North London.

This canvassing would be 3-4 times a year £1000 of customers.Do you think she would be interested to do it?

At the moment she is only canvassing part time as she has a full time job.

Now the short evenings are here it's mostly weekends or the odd week day.

I will keep her busy until she decides to go full time.

I have advised her to join forums like this if she wants to get any more work.

Latest Posts

Back