Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Adams0211

Where can I buy a ubik/virosol alternative first thing tomorrow morning?

Adams0211

I stupidly ran out of ubik without realising. I ordered some more which was supposed to be delivered today. It hasn't turned up.

I desperately need some for a job tomorrow morning and then on Monday morning too.

Can anyone recommend something that I can buy in (preferably) B&Q that will do the job?

Adams0211

I've got a gutter and fascia job in the morning and have another one on Monday plus a cladding clean to do.

Dave B

Unfortunately i have none left and a tiny bit of hypo enough for the roof i saved it for

I ise this in times of need if out of ubik on first cleans from asda but not as strong as virosol but a quid a bottle

It may help as it does take the green cack off

Adams0211

What I'll do is get up to screwfix for 7am and pick up some of that degreaser. It's worth a punt at £5.99 for five litres.

Damo

Bit too far to drive but you could have picked some up from me mate. Got ubik and virosol in stock.

Adams0211

Cheers Damo. Shame you're not a tiny bit closer. I'll try the screwfix stuff. The reviews seem pretty good, people using it to degrease bike parts and engines so I'm sure it'll shift a bit of muck off some fascias.

Dave B
Bit too far to drive but you could have picked some up from me mate. Got ubik and virosol in stock.

20 quid for 5 litres lol

Damo
That's cheap as chips

I am ordering some now, so plenty in stock usually. You reminded me tonight as bit low myself. :D

Damo

There is no secret, i just buy in bulk or with another order of something.

Just looked and its £6.48 dave :)

OH and guess who's picking up two liters of magic mix next week. Might let you and Neil try some ;)

Brandon

That's good!! Have you got a link for the site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon
There is no secret, i just buy in bulk or with another order of something.

Just looked and its £6.48 dave :)

OH and guess who's picking up two liters of magic mix next week. Might let you and Neil try some ;)

That's good!! Have you got a link for the site?

Adams0211

Well, I got up early and got down to screwfix for 7am. Bought the stuff, went and filled up with water and had a chat and then set off to the job looking forward to giving it a try.

Got there and the bloke started trying to haggle on the price that we'd agreed on the phone. I told him I wasn't going to budge and in the end he decided he didn't want the fascias cleaning. I could have had an extra half hour in bed. Twat.

PJ Bullard

I only have one thing to say...

You should have used...

FLASH....AHHHH AHHHHH...KING OF THE IMPOSSIBLE!

LOL

Adams0211

I used the screwfix degreaser for the first time this morning. I had a moderately dirty gutter, fascia and cladding job to do first thing. I'd say it's definitely as good as ubik/virosol although I won't fully endorse it until I've used it on a couple of really dirty jobs. Definitely worth £5.99 for five litres though.

PJ Bullard

Flash a-ah

Savior of the Universe

Flash a-ah

He'll save every one of us

Dave B

I'm tempted to swing by screwfix tomorrow to get some as i have a fsg job thursday that i can't hypo due to all the lead on the windows i don't want to turn brown

Neil said he'd lend me a little ubik until i pick some up but a good excuse to try the screwfix stuff

Adams0211

Give me a shout if you don't make it to screwfix and I'll sort you out some ubik or some of the screwfix stuff.

Dave B

Ta mate

I should make it

Only 14 jobs tomorrow. .3 new cleans though..all in gt ashby lol