Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Dave B

Honest opinions of Moerman Excelerator

Dave B

Right i have been using the final version of the excelerator since yesterday afternoon

At first using it fixed by hand it is as accurate as the liquidator with 40° 0° original handle

The fliq doesn’t feel too heavy or awkward with the handle fixed and makes the job even quicker (no swapping tools or detailing makes a big difference )

Used as a swivel squeegee by hand does take some getting used to and it took me a few jobs this morning (deliberately did a few of mondays jobs today to play with it..sad i know lol) to finally get my technique perfect as it feels too responsive at first and if you are used to using wagtails you will be twisting the handle too much until you get used to it

The fliq pad also feels a bit heavy and restrictive at first when used as a swivel

Personally i think it would be better to use a normal applicator until you are used to the technique

I have been using it on a pole today and that was fine from the first attempt but i have a lot of experience with swivel squeegees on pole

I don't think it would take much for a complete novice to learn how to do that to a reasonable standard

The fliq pad is a very good design considering other scrubber pads on the market which i won't name with the only downside being it is so stiff when new

I have been told it will get more flexible with use but it is not a major issue

All in all i think it is an excellent tool and will be getting a couple more handles to replace my existing moerman handles

Some vids will be on the way as soon as i can get my son to hold my phone for me

Lazy bugger is still in bed

Eric Gilliand

On pole. Start with pad on top. With Wags I always used pad under but found at 8' and above pad over feels more natural, 45° angle if you're using straight pole and tip and standing closer to glass. Depending on distance from glass experiment with the other 2 angles. The swivel is pinpoint and very very quick so excessive hand movement isn't needed and is in fact detrimental

Eric Gilliand
I'm trying with 10" fliq its very weird but good at the same time practice I thing with me not the tool

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I haven't got a 10" fliq but using the 10" Liquidator 1 in it I found the damn thing kept wanting to take off on me. you have to only just use very small movements of the wrist. 14 seems to be the sweet spot although 18" works fine on store fronts. My fav Wagtail was always a 16" flipper but doubt Moerman will do a 16" Fliq so I may have to get creative with hacksaw and sewing machine... :-)

Dave B

I actually prefer the fliq over the top when using swivel in hand

Same as i did with wagulator (wag/liquidator combo)

You can't go too quick or the pad will flip itself on the turn but it doesn't get in the way of frames and sills etc

HALTON

Agree daveyboy I prefer using it on top and not bottom feels much better on top slow is better with this for sure but as most things speed will come over time

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

keefo
Yep and gone out to see his girlfriend lol

I'll sort something out tomorrow

He has got his priorities right.

Dave B

Hard to film 1 handed but tried anyway

Got to make a tripod tonight

[media]

[/media]

Posh

Loveing the fliq at the mo

Got the 10 & 14 inch

Ordered the 10inch combinator yesterday

Gonna need a bigger bucket soon

Cottonlung
I didn't have a choice mate

Moerman sent me a 14" same as i think @Eric Gilliand got?

They sent me the 14" too although the letter said here's your new 12" EXCELERATOR haha.. Have to have a word with guy about that :-)

James Allen

I have been using mine since I recieved of moerman . Great hand tool but can't seem too get to grips as a swivel tool

Dave B
I have been using mine since I recieved of moerman . Great hand tool but can't seem too get to grips as a swivel tool

We can't all be perfect Jim:rofl:

James Allen
We can't all be perfect Jim:rofl:

Ha bloody ha lol

Eric Gilliand

Back to basics Jim. Use it without Fliq pad, maybe drop down to a 12" channel and play with it till you hit the sweet spot for pivoting. I certainly don't use it in hand on long runs of Windows. Short pole or bare with scrubber in opposing hand.

James Allen
Back to basics Jim. Use it without Fliq pad, maybe drop down to a 12" channel and play with it till you hit the sweet spot for pivoting. I certainly don't use it in hand on long runs of Windows. Short pole or bare with scrubber in opposing hand.

Just bought a new excelerator handle as mine was a prototype. So put a 12" channel in the new one it is so nice to use

keefo
Just bought a new excelerator handle as mine was a prototype. So put a 12" channel in the new one it is so nice to use

How do you find it pivoting James?

James Allen

I find it nice with a 12 inch channel seems to do what you want

James Allen

I find it nice with a 12 inch channel seems to do what you want