Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

MikeNW

Another "how much would you charge for this" thread!

MikeNW

Hi all, just been asked to go and price a house for regular (2 weekly she says!) Windows cleaning. It's a new build, I'm going to see it tomorrow. Drive past it today and it's an little bit larger than my usual customers!!

How much would you charge for a first and then a regular clean - obviously we are going to have to guess the back but huge bi folding doors is my best guess and at least as much glass as the front!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The tattood one

Around 20 a clean...but id say monthly as DO not do 2 weeklys.screws up rest o my round

The window cleaning kid

I would go in at £30.00 but can't see the back and the other side so just doubling what I can see.

First clean at £45.00.

1393jason

Also around the £30 mark, 4 weekly or 8 weekly.

Customer will probably expect it done for £6.00.

steve garwood

Ninety % of my round are houses like this. I would charge around £40 for that, but I do live and work in an expensive part of the country, so might be a bit cheaper tup north :)

The window cleaning kid
Ninety % of my round are houses like this. I would charge around £40 for that, but I do live and work in an expensive part of the country, so might be a bit cheaper tup north :)

What part of the country are you in Steve ?

The window cleaning kid

Ok I need to start charging more

Dave B

30 is what i would want minimum

Depends if the back has lots of big glass doors

The window cleaning kid

I do find it hard with pricing single panes and have relised lately that I'm very much under pricing bays.

It's a lerning curve but getting better at it.

Do hate that feeling when you get half way around a job and realising you made a huge mistake lol

steve garwood

Don't price by panes. Walk around the property imagining that you are cleaning it. So, 2 mins for that, 3 min for that etc. Add it up, multiply by your hourly rate, add a bit more if the ladder has to come off, job done

adamangler

Looks at least 20 but then we can't see what the backs like

MikeNW

Well I was thinking £30 - £40 a clean, I've got one smaller at £25 4 weekly. Looks like I'm probably not a million miles away price wise. They probably will be expecting it for £6 though! :-) thanks for the replies!

Kennygggkent
Well I was thinking £30 - £40 a clean, I've got one smaller at £25 4 weekly. Looks like I'm probably not a million miles away price wise. They probably will be expecting it for £6 though! :) thanks for the replies!

I think £30 seems about right, no more that 6-8 weeks though. £40 for 12week, but the two weekly will be forgotten about soon as she realises it's not practical

MikeNW

Got it at £45 first clean and £30 4 weekly. She was over the moon at £30 could easily have got more! You know when they just seem that little bit too pleased.. :-) oh well good result! Cheers

Kennygggkent
Got it at £45 first clean and £30 4 weekly. She was over the moon at £30 could easily have got more! You know when they just seem that little bit too pleased.. :) oh well good result! Cheers

Result!

clear view of silverton

I'd be looking at around £35 but it all depends on where you are I guess

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Green Pro Clean Ltd
could easily have got more

Perhaps.... but it isn't worth anymore.

Charging over the odds cause you can will come back and bite you.

I think you did right at £30.

Stephen Hill
I do find it hard with pricing single panes and have relised lately that I'm very much under pricing bays.

It's a lerning curve but getting better at it.

Do hate that feeling when you get half way around a job and realising you made a huge mistake lol

Stephen Hill

I'm new to this site and really havent stopped laughing I'll be back tomorrow for more.

noddy

so if your in Bromley kent ? that house is worth over a million quid and these type of people want service and a good job not a cheap price , 40 pounds every two weeks or 4weeks is some where near I wouldn't go any cheaper as they will think your cheap and out to rob them

clear view of silverton
Result!

Allways good to bag extra regular work this time of the year I find that new calls for a window cleaner slow down

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Goodkingnige

I'd have said £20 just for what I can see there - so probably £35-40 for the whole house. Bit surprised a couple of people suggested £20 for the whole house.