Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Week Two Questions, when to stop and fascia cleaning

Tim Spruceclean

Hello Chaps,

So, what falls inside the remit of window cleaners standard cleaning?? Marks on upvc? sealant dried on the edges of windows, mystery marks on glass? where do you guys stop?

Two, I just quoted a customers low level upvc fascia and conny, there a bit mouldy...I half five litres of ubik and a ultimate flock but can you give me some hints and tips for this sort of job please.

Thanks as ever for your help

For me, a 'standard clean' is whatever comes off with the brush plus using a scraper blade on any tough bits on ground floor windows. I class a typical monthly maintenance clean as a standard clean.

I tend to do little extras for regular customers as and when they're needed. An extra good clean of the downstairs window sills with some cream cleaner occasionally and stuff like that.

I try and view all new jobs (rather than quoting off the top of my head or by street view) as it gives me a chance to have a good look and let the customer know what needs doing and bump the price up accordingly.

As for the conny and fascias, do you use a backpack or a van mount?

Thanks Adams,

It's currently a ******* hybrid system, I have a trolley system in the back and change drums as and when, got a hose reel now so so it stays in the van really. Although I thought I might just connect the reel to their hose and give the conny a run over first with non pure?

I like that Neil

"Bump the price up accordingly":rofl:

You've been around me too long lol

Whatever comes off with the brush is a clean imo. Scraping, particularly of paint or plaster etc is extra (a small amount on downstairs windows is fine).

Ive never come across a situation where I've had to scrape upstairs windows and the price would go up considerably for that.

Anything that scrubs off, or little spots with a scraper, any more and it's extra, as for Conny's and fsg, I wet it, cover in ubik, leave 5 mins, then brush and rinse off with tap water, then do the windows with pure after If its a glass roof I use flash and washing up liquid instead of ubik, just in case it damages it and a final rinse with pure. Hope that helps

Just did a Conny inside and out buddy. Strong mix of ubik, left for about 15min, then I scrub like a mad man about three times over with flocked sill brush, but the main bit for me is putting my controller up to 99 and fan jetting all the bits off for a perfect finish. So load of water is the key, maybe tap first if you can.

As for the scraping and all that, I charge a least x2 for a first clean which encompasses all scraping of pint, fly droppings, ect but probably not sealant on a frame unless it's comes off easy. Hope this helps

Just did a Conny inside and out buddy. Strong mix of ubik, left for about 15min, then I scrub like a mad man about three times over with flocked sill brush, but the main bit for me is putting my controller up to 99 and fan jetting all the bits off for a perfect finish. So load of water is the key, maybe tap first if you can.
As for the scraping and all that, I charge a least x2 for a first clean which encompasses all scraping of pint, fly droppings, ect but probably not sealant on a frame unless it's comes off easy. Hope this helps
I forgot to mention I was running out of water so I thought I'd use the custys tap water for the first rinse, I left it and came back 30 mins later, and do you know what? I couldn't see a spot for my life! even with 55ppm, but anyway I still went over it with pure to be totes sure:thumbsup:

Back