Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Excelerator Handle

Tim Osborne

I have been using the Excelerator for a few weeks and already the channel (liquidator 2) slides around very easily in the handle. Does anyone else find that this is happening?

It seems the spring inside is not strong enough on mine. Maybe its defective??

I have found the channel moving on both handles just like combnatior will we ever find the perfect squgee. ..
Strange... I have no issues with the bi-component handle, the black handle or either of my Excelerators... obviously if I bang it, or drop it, there is some movement, but in general use, no.

No issues with either my prototype or the production model. Obviously a sharp knock or drop will cause movement but in general use, no.
Not dropped it yet but I do use it with the FLIQ pad and have noticed the rubber and channel have moved quite a bit after using the FLIQ. Don't get me wrong, I love this squeegee it is by far the best yet but I am a bit concerned with the movement of the channel and rubber after only a few weeks of use. The quality is just not there for a handle that cost nearly 20 euro!

Not dropped it yet but I do use it with the FLIQ pad and have noticed the rubber and channel have moved quite a bit after using the FLIQ. Don't get me wrong, I love this squeegee it is by far the best yet but I am a bit concerned with the movement of the channel and rubber after only a few weeks of use. The quality is just not there for a handle that cost nearly 20 euro!
Quality not there? Have to disagree. This handle is being asked to do many things that others don't and design and manufacture are nicely balanced. We all use different techniques. If you find handle is moving excessively why not put a bit of stop tape either side of the handle once it's centred. I used to do this with all my Wags because I hated the accursed screw through the channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on handle-

I contacted Moreman about the problem and they got me in contact with Robert Hatt AKA Polzn Blades and he said to check the spring. On the prototypes they used a different spring that is now on the Excelerators in production. Somehow I got a prototype spring in mine and was rusted and weak. Moreman had a new handle sent to me and it is fantastic. I am very impressed with Moreman and there customer support. I take back everything I said about the handle! This is a great handle and has save me loads of time and money.

How long until the pad starts dropping down fully if using in hand. I like the flow of the 10" so far but with the 14" 2.0 channel and Excel handle I tend to be leaving water from the middle. Having to use the old liquidator channel at the moment with the bent back clips.
ac6f0ebf3b990795ccb9e49d5bfe1011.jpg

I've been using my excelerator for one month now. I have a 10 and 14 inch. I saw a guy on YouTube who suggested putting electrical tape on the channel where you fit the handle to stop slip. I have tried this and have not hat a problem. By the way I was a wagtail user but find the excelerator the better squeegee. Great on a pole. And for fanning just had to slightly change technique.

I've been using my excelerator for one month now. I have a 10 and 14 inch. I saw a guy on YouTube who suggested putting electrical tape on the channel where you fit the handle to stop slip. I have tried this and have not hat a problem. By the way I was a wagtail user but find the excelerator the better squeegee. Great on a pole. And for fanning just had to slightly change technique.
Don't have a problem with channel/rubber slipping, just wondered how long it took for pad to flop down fully. I've heard it takes a bit of time to lose it's stiffness. Do you find it better on a pole or in hand.

On a pole I put scrubber over the top of squeegee. In hand it's better underneath. I give up trying to flip it from underneath but it's not a big problem to me as I always use two squeegees. On YouTube I did see a guy put a rod through the scrubber and it seemed to work fine.

How long until the pad starts dropping down fully if using in hand. I like the flow of the 10" so far but with the 14" 2.0 channel and Excel handle I tend to be leaving water from the middle. Having to use the old liquidator channel at the moment with the bent back clips.
ac6f0ebf3b990795ccb9e49d5bfe1011.jpg
Pad will always be stiffer than the Wagtail but generally 2-3 days of heavy use. Remember the default position is top mount for pole work. I've taken the brand tag off mine (including the stitching of course because I find that adds another layer of stiffness to one end causing unevenness when dropped. Check your pad by pressing the bottom back towards the handle. Some of them will actually snap back out of the way because of the tightness between clips. This is optimum for under mounting.

Actually did a test last night with my old brass ettore channel on a troublesome window at home where you can see everything in rising sun and apart from a tiny part it was great. I've just done the Excelerator with just handle and channel whilst the sun still rising and quite a bit of arches.

Whichever rubber I put in I'm getting a cluster of lines together, approx 4 or 5 coming from 3-6cm from the end, on the inside of the glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Are both clips housed correctly

2. Do you put the rubber in the channel separately ensuring that it is stretched evenly along the length of the channel. Spraying a bit of soap in the channel helps the rubber feed evenly.

3. You then snap handle on clean, square without distorting the rubber as you do so.

I'm not saying any of these is causing the issue. Just throwing some ideas out there for you. I'm at a loss because I've never had these problems with either V1 or V2 channels. The closest I've come is when one of my clips wasn't attached correctly and with a length of dodgy Razer 14" that had a distorted bulb meaning it wouldn't thread into the channel smoothly.

1. Are both clips housed correctly2. Do you put the rubber in the channel separately ensuring that it is stretched evenly along the length of the channel. Spraying a bit of soap in the channel helps the rubber feed evenly.

3. You then snap handle on clean, square without distorting the rubber as you do so.

I'm not saying any of these is causing the issue. Just throwing some ideas out there for you. I'm at a loss because I've never had these problems with either V1 or V2 channels. The closest I've come is when one of my clips wasn't attached correctly and with a length of dodgy Razer 14" that had a distorted bulb meaning it wouldn't thread into the channel smoothly.
It's with the old 14" channel as well Eric and old clips, but happens with V2. I don't know what suddenly happened. I'm wondering if other people don't go to the nth degree like me to see them. I can only really see them in the rising or setting sun as mentioned previously. Sometimes i have to crouch down, put my hand stretched out in front of me to block sun then look above my hand and you can see them. I can't see them in sunlight between say 9am-3pm.t I did find in comparison with the Ettore that when I'm slightly out of the soap area making a pass compared to liquidator it's was a lot smoother. Yesterday morning job in a very sandy area was a nightmare. When i was cleaning the insides I could see them all on the outside and some inside. I do put the rubber in channel separately then just channel and snap handle shut.

Used old Moerman handle today and all good again, not sure if it's the flex in the excel handle. I'll use it for pole work.

This is what my window at home looks like once the rising sun goes and you wouldn't know.....it's just that low bloody sun.
98ed434f82b4a86b2a09a0c3fef885b1.jpg

Latest Posts

Back