Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Contacting existing customers

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
hi all I'm approaching my 1 year business start up mark so started power washing in November 2015 just thinking of drumming up work to keep me going over winter.thinking of ringing say "Mrs Jones" who's patio I cleaned November 2015 and saying "hello it's jake from Williams Jet Wash how you doing...etc I've got it noted in my diary that we cleaned your patio 10th Nov 2015 and was wondering you like the annual re-clean?" Is this all a bit desperate or is this a sure way of racking up some £££ bedore X mas" just wondering what the general feeling is from other jet washers??? Thanks Jake

Nothing to lose, so go for it. Why not going forward let customers know you will be contacting them in a years time, you could even give them a price and book them in for next year

Nothing to lose, so go for it. Why not going forward let customers know you will be contacting them in a years time, you could even give them a price and book them in for next year
Yes perhaps at first I was only thinking week to week not in a years time I did make a point though of keeping details of notes like outside tap how long the job took at the time drainage issues how much I charged so this time that should help

I know ive just started a similar thread but correct me if im wrong but your main focus of your business is pressure washing? if so your business is bit different from mine.

My main focus is windows with various extras (carpets, gutters, conny, pressure washing, valeting) as add ons so i dont market them as such i just do them as and when they come along.

For you what you want to be doing, if you are looking to be soley or mainly pressure washing is building a database of customers, so everytime you clean someones drive take there name address number and email address, then you sign them up to an email newsletter every say 6 months you send it out (can be automated with mail chimp etc) just as a reminder or with an offer. Or you could make a mailing list and send letters out thru the post. What im saying is this should be done as a matter of course year round, every few month you remind old customers that you exist so that eventually repeat work takes over more than gaining new work, as its easier to keep existing customers rather than chase new work. This goes for other services such as carpet cleaning.

i know i could take my own advice lol but would rather gain more windows atm.

Maybe contact them asking how the drive/patio is as its been a year. Then offer a refresh/maintenance clean at a discount price, say 10% off. It'll probs get you a few jobs and I imagine would take less time then last time

I know ive just started a similar thread but correct me if im wrong but your main focus of your business is pressure washing? if so your business is bit different from mine.
My main focus is windows with various extras (carpets, gutters, conny, pressure washing, valeting) as add ons so i dont market them as such i just do them as and when they come along.

For you what you want to be doing, if you are looking to be soley or mainly pressure washing is building a database of customers, so everytime you clean someones drive take there name address number and email address, then you sign them up to an email newsletter every say 6 months you send it out (can be automated with mail chimp etc) just as a reminder or with an offer. Or you could make a mailing list and send letters out thru the post. What im saying is this should be done as a matter of course year round, every few month you remind old customers that you exist so that eventually repeat work takes over more than gaining new work, as its easier to keep existing customers rather than chase new work. This goes for other services such as carpet cleaning.

i know i could take my own advice lol but would rather gain more windows atm.
Started off just power washing and gutter cleans added on Windows Jan this year plus fascias soffits conny roof etc now and house roofs recently

Back