Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheapest 350L van mount

I'm looking at installing a 350L unit in my Bipper van as I'm doing more and more WFP work every day and running out of my barrelled water.

The van I have now is an 09 plate and I've owned it since day one but I'm probably going to swap it out next year so I want perhaps an install that can easily be swapped to another vehicle.

I would prefer an RO+DI system as my PPM is 325 and I burn resin using my Unger Hydroflo to prep my pure water, however I've only got a £1400ish budget to install the tank. I have a pole etc already so I would need a system + hose reel.

I've looked at the Facelift compact from WCW which is about £1200 but that's DI only. The way around this I guess is to run my water through my hydroflo then out to the van and allow the vessel to do some of the purification before it goes to the tank. A pain in the backside and doubling up on resin use but the hydroflo would run to a higher TDS because it wouldn't be the final product.

Any ideas or companies you've used to do yours? 500 is too big and heavy for my current payload and I am happy to refill twice a week.

Thanks.

I have the facelift compact 325 without Di great bit of kit I also have Collinswaterproduct 450gpd and static tanks, I only used about 300/400 litre a day maximum you would have plenty change left out of your budget.

I have the facelift compact 325 without Di great bit of kit I also have Collinswaterproduct 450gpd and static tanks, I only used about 300/400 litre a day maximum you would have plenty change left out of your budget.
Cool - how does the pump work? Do you have to charge a battery?

I have a smart charger indoors takes 2 seconds to take off and under 10 seconds to carry indoors to charge I didn't get the split relay as I was advised the smart charger does a much better job charging leisure batteries doesn't take long to charge. Really happy with it the manual hose is a doodle to reel in and very well made, this can be taken out and installed in another van no problem, no external hoses pump and controller all built in the tank.

I have a smart charger indoors takes 2 seconds to take off and under 10 seconds to carry indoors to charge I didn't get the split relay as I was advised the smart charger does a much better job charging leisure batteries doesn't take long to charge. Really happy with it the manual hose is a doodle to reel in and very well made, this can be taken out and installed in another van no problem, no external hoses pump and controller all built in the tank.
Thanks for the info!

And are you getting all day battery life out of it?

Can work all week on a single charger, I I normally charge twice in a week though, as many have said before backpacks have their place but I will never regret getting a van mount much easier and faster 95% of the time, other factors to consider if you have the space to have a static RO and tank no need to have the RO and DI taking up room and adding extra weight to your van

Cheers fellas. I decided to bite the bullet tonight and went for a full turn key setup from WCW. New van and full RO+DI system in it. I can't keep spending £200 a month on resin! Will hear back Monday if the application is successful then I'm fully committed to WFP lol.

Latest Posts

Back