Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So today I've decided to go full WFP

Ive been using WFP since April and use a couple of backpacks to clean upstairs and trad down but for the last week I've done the full house (where possible) using just a pole. Although I'm now running out of pure water each day I've noticed an increase in earning speed and have decided to take the next step.

The ladder is coming off the roof of the van and I've ordered a 4.4m telescopic that will be folded up in the back to use only for roof access along with more barrels to carry more pure.

I'm in talks with WCW to possibly take on one of their 'turn key' packages to have a full mount or I'll just pay for an install in my current vehicle and move it when I pick up a new van next year instead.

Been a difficult year and moving forward I'm

The busiest I've been in 10 years and earning more than I was when I employed people.

Exciting and safer times ahead.

Wish me luck!!

Good luck in 6months time you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Shop around quite a few companies offer turnkey packages like grippa and ionics and it will cost you more than the d.i.y route but it will save you time.

Good luck in 6months time you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.Shop around quite a few companies offer turnkey packages like grippa and ionics and it will cost you more than the d.i.y route but it will save you time.
Yeah cheers - tbh I've wanted to start slow because my customers of 12 years were skeptical as anything when I started using a pole upstairs, but they've had 6 months to find fault and they can't, so it's time to step up and move forward.

I've had a look at Grippa but they don't have any van+mount deals on at the minute. Have just come off the phone with WCW for a Facelift RO+DI 350 install and it's a brilliant deal. One good enough to ponder until the end of the week and decide if I want to commit.

Go for it...i did a change over 3 year ago...ladders wear ya knees out...apparantly lol....bout my own system n did a diy install off youtube....never look back

I did exactly the same as you Chris. I had no confidence in it at the start either only what I'd heard others say, so I did the same. Just tops. But as soon as my customers started to say how good they thought it was my confidence grew. Took me about eighteen months to make the change to doing everything wfp and now my hand tools seldom get used.

Chris & Marko

When you did the change over from traditional to wfp, how did you do with your pricing, a lot of wfp chaps charge higher than traditional, due to the frames getting cleaned. Did it go ok with your customers? We currently use both like you two.

I just started wfp'ing them

Didn't say anything

Clean windows are clean windows

Anyone who asked i explained and that was that

Chris & MarkoWhen you did the change over from traditional to wfp, how did you do with your pricing, a lot of wfp chaps charge higher than traditional, due to the frames getting cleaned. Did it go ok with your customers? We currently use both like you two.
I decided to wait and see how I got on. Didn't see any point expecting my customers to accept a completely new method of window cleaning and a price hike at the same time. As it turned out I didn't need to. Just carried on as usual with my pricing.

Chris & MarkoWhen you did the change over from traditional to wfp, how did you do with your pricing, a lot of wfp chaps charge higher than traditional, due to the frames getting cleaned. Did it go ok with your customers? We currently use both like you two.
April when my employee dumped me off without notice. I don't charge any extra - yes there's more surface area to clean but it's a much quicker process. New customers I'm taking on at about 25% higher prices and they don't bat an eyelid.

Few were skeptical, and one cancelled but other than that everyone has been curious, interested, and most importantly supportive and happy of the switch. We live in times where health and safety is king so I use that as my first reason for the change and the second is that it does a better job.

Worth the change. Good times ahead.

April when my employee dumped me off without notice. I don't charge any extra - yes there's more surface area to clean but it's a much quicker process. New customers I'm taking on at about 25% higher prices and they don't bat an eyelid.

Few were skeptical, and one cancelled but other than that everyone has been curious, interested, and most importantly supportive and happy of the switch. We live in times where health and safety is king so I use that as my first reason for the change and the second is that it does a better job.

Worth the change. Good times ahead.

I decided to wait and see how I got on. Didn't see any point expecting my customers to accept a completely new method of window cleaas ning and a price hike at the same time. As it turned out I didn't need to. Just carried on as usual with my pricing.
keep your pure water as low as you cam , save spotting around windows. Some get lazy because the customers dont notice or mention it untill another windy comes along canvassing. I cleaned a conny & windows recently, customer was very happy with finished result, she told me her windy leaves all dots around the inner frames on the glass, i then explained because they dont keep there pure water as pure as it should.

she told me i could get a lot of unhappy customers in that area , i would if i wasnt concentrating on getting new customers in the areas i already do.. Theres no reason to let your pure water to drop from 0000, We are replaceble.

Hi Johny B. Not quite sure I follow your reply to my comments you quoted.

I was commenting on my experience with regards to increasing prices due to switching to wfp. Customers can be unpredictable at times. I was concerned that changing to a radically different method of cleaning their windows would unsettle some and increasing the price at the same time seemed completely unnecessary until I knew exactly how it was all going to work. As things turned out, there was absolutely no need to increase prices at the time because in a very short period of time, I was earning money much quicker.

Like you though, I have also taken on work from other wfpers who don't seem to understand how critical it is to keep their water as pure as possible or rinse enough. I'd swear one was using water straight from the tap

Latest Posts

Back