Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working off a ladder maybe not worth the risk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That is why when it is occasionally unavoidable you use an ankalad and microlite so the only feasible way of coming off is to fall off not have the ladder fall

It is unfortunate that it happens occasionally (i know of a sattelite fitter who fell from between the bottom and top windows on a normal 2 floor house but landed funny and broke his neck) but all we can do is be as safe as possible

I spent years trad and much prefer wfp for tops alleviating the risk but have no issues with someone who doesn't want to risk ladder work

Look on youtube at wfp vids and see how many idiots say "what a load of rubbish..just because you are scared of ladders"

Personally i have no fear of ladders which is probably unhealthy but do whatever makes you feel safe

End of the day we all have families we want to go home to after work

I used to work 4 floors on ladders...lyte ladders aswell.not light diy twaddle....take trees down upto 100ft with rope n ladder so not bothered by height...it just so much easier from the floor with wfp....it my choice....if you fall...you fall...3ft off pointy...lol done that...f shoelace under ladder.or from 18ft or more.....i know windy who got plate in head.1 got broke hip...me.got ostio arthritis in knee joint......

The thought of a ladder makes me feel ill lol

i dont even like using step ladders to do inside of conny roofs as i feel high up :laugh:

If you take the number of folks using laders today and the number of serious injuries that will occour today the risks are pretty low if you take all relevant steps and precautions.

Please don't BS customes about it being an insurance issue though as many know better and are just too polite to say.

always use stabiliser when doing gutter cleans. if too high i wont touch them, i just pass them on. Imagine ending up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, having to rely on your partner or family to look after you, and having to clean up after you have a pish & shite, nightmare.. At least you can still WFP with one leg. DONT RISK IT to please your customers. They wont look after you .

I always say I prefer not to use the ladders due to safety hazards,and that's why we have invested in this fine equipment ( then I point to my van ) ,they smile , we laugh ,and yet again,my agenda has prevailed! :hehehe:

2c5358aeab9946f93b9e83b6fd8da3f4.jpg
b2f0547ade9478f388e06ea61a71b3df.jpg
f851ebb5ecd576001ced48d3fffe0ae5.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

here is a job we did on wednesday 3 story on ladder roof clean and gutter clear if i was working on my own ide have used my ankalad and microlite but on this job one footed the ladder wile the other went up ide like to get a harness set up like this

no i dont use a harness i may get one but not in a rush to be honist i usly vac most gutters this one needed roof scrape so ladders were a must on this job o and the ladder was not tied at the top no were to tie it lol and im defo not guna be drilling in custmers walls /emoticons/biggrin.png

I can't start a new post on my phone or @ people!

Anyway just wondering what do you do on first cleans when brush just will not shift dark stains on frames, who whips the ladders out or do you simply go by the if brush don't shift I don't policy.

I really wanted to start using ladders on my first cleans for this reason so keen to get opinions on it?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@Hunty i get the ladders off on them jobs if i need to scrape ect lots of people get hung up on no ladders ect ect h.s ect ect but there a must on some jobs i just do the job as best as i can as safely as i can ladders are just a nother tool in are armary /emoticons/biggrin.png i rember years ago on foggys forum a guy said rite ive got my wfp now the ladders are gone so he got rid then a custmer said can u clean my church stile internel windows he said yea shore but i dont use ladders so u will have to put towels down lol she agreed :eek: not shore if she had it again but come on just get the blady ladder out lol its no biggy morel of the story rite tool for the rite job:D

Hunty if you want to go up ladder to make sure job is done properly then do it man why are you bothered if some won't

I occasionally go up and have a good clean by hand maybe once a year as the brush can miss bits and water run off can stain sills

Latest Posts

Back