Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

softwash timeframe

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
i cleaned this patio for a regular window cleaning customer around 12 months ago pressure washed only its now looking terrible again and shes asked me to re clean soon and i'm thinking to softwash this time my question is how long are you leaving your hypo down before rinsing ? an hour?

View attachment 8741

I would leave it about 30 minutes on that then wash off

Spot treat any stubborn bits after

From my experience you wont get a great result just softwashing on concrete pavers like those. They are too porous so will trap a lot of dirt that Ideally you need to remove with the pressure washer. Some natural stone I have had excellent results on just softwashing for a maintenance clean but it is never perfect on concrete.

I almost always Pressure wash the worst off with fsc quickly, Hypo then go over the surface with turbo or fsc again depending what it needs to get the best result in the shortest space of time.

I don't have the patio experience of you lads but............. had you sealed that after cleaning it would it not be a matter of rinse and brush off as the dirt would be on the sealant?
It's that toss up isn't if over is she worth more to me annually cleaning for say £75 or applying expensive sealant (which she may not be keen on) and not clean that patio for several years again if at all.

It's that toss up isn't if over is she worth more to me annually cleaning for say £75 or applying expensive sealant (which she may not be keen on) and not clean that patio for several years again if at all.
I don't have the patio experience of you lads but............. had you sealed that after cleaning it would it not be a matter of rinse and brush off as the dirt would be on the sealant?

Yes the sealer would mean that the slabs are no longer porous so you could just rinse off if the sealer is in good condition and soft-washing would certainly get the desired result provided it is compatible with the sealer.

Yes the sealer would mean that the slabs are no longer porous so you could just rinse off if the sealer is in good condition and soft-washing would certainly get the desired result provided it is compatible with the sealer.
Yeah on that same token I would be concerned about the paths slip after sealant she's has me back to take away that slip as on a stick

You can get an additive that puts a fine grain into the sealant which stops slipping mate, I got the lot from Smartseal and I cant fault them, the non slip stuff just goes directly into the drum and you mix it in then apply, not sure how it would spray but it goes on fine with a brush or roller

Latest Posts

Back