Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HOT OR NOT

Duncs

just been thinking to myself how many guys WFP are actually went to hot water

and whats your thoughts

do you use it all the time,or just in the winter when your hands are cold:thumbsup:

I use hot all the time, think it's great just gutted I couldn't get insurance for a propane boiler in the van I've decide a diesel boiler in a couple of weeks. Safety first ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Duncs go hot m8 u will love it i hate using cold now i use it all year it costs like £2 a day in gas the glass is cleaned to a nother level i think them yellow blobs melt off bird **** melts off with ease any questions m8 fire away:thumbsup:

Not had mine freeze yet so I'll continue with cold till it does.

Only way it can freeze is whilst working as I have a heater in van overnight and having no bulkhead keeps it warm enough thru the day in winter

theres a lot of cheaper heaters on the bottom of that page

SMURF did a post on this last year, Keep a gap on the rear if fixing on van panneling., Ventilation.

I may try it this year just to get the Experience with it. Links to setting one up.

I'm DI only nowadays - so I can run straight from kitchen hot tap into resin then van tank on a cold morning

I'm DI only nowadays - so I can run straight from kitchen hot tap into resin then van tank on a cold morning
I like this suggestion as it does give an extra option in the winter. Of course you need to fulfill certain conditions, the main one being low tap water tds to start with. So it won't be suitable for everyone. As they say, "its horses for courses."

Its better than fitting an electrical heater element in the van tank IMHO.

The down side is that on the days you use it, you are wasting energy as the tank cools during the day and you can never predict how much water you will use that day. Hence the reason why the preferred method is 'heat on demand', only heating the water you are going to use at that moment.

So I can see where @peter rogers is coming from.

Back