Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

James Bond

Stagnant IBC

James Bond

Hi guys I am just changing over to WFP and I was given an IBC tank very kindly from a friend who doesn't need it, the problem is, it stinks. The water has been left in for about 4 years, so the first thing I did was drain it.

I want to know, can it be used again for pure water to fill in, or is it no use at all?

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Personally I would use it. Firstly however give it a good clean with Hypo or similar

Veselin Dimitrov

Just wash it properly with soap and if it looks good I don't think the smell will be an obstacle for the future use. Good luck!

Dave B

Soap will linger in the tank after

Hypo or household bleach would be best

Kill all the spores and bacteria etc

The smell comes from bacteria in the water

Rinse well after

James Bond

Thanks, I will give it a good scrub later, tricky to reach in all the corners with a relatively small inlet at the top. Snail shells residing in there too :(