Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Chris33

How to clean this??

Chris33

I've to clean a conny roof on sat and have done outsides before with my backpack... But how do I clean the insides?

I am trying to upload pic,but she has sent it as a slideshow and old phone not playing ball. (Basic three panels at front Conny, four at either side)

Tools; i have vice versas,unger extension poles and stuff like that. Pure, back pack etc.

Any help greatly appreciated

Chris

laddergarder

I have done the insides of plenty of conservatory roofs with a small extension pole, and one of Ungers 0 degree squeegees. I use there fixi clamps to hold a scrim, and do it traditionally. Get a decorators sheet to cover any sofas or furniture you cant move about. 9 times out of 10, they are hardwood floored or tiled. But keep any carpeted areas in mind also if there is any.

Chris33

@laddergarder thank you. So ungers zero degree swivel lock squugee and their green clamps too?

Does the unger swivel handle only fit unger Chanels do you know?as I've mainly been using ettore and liquidator Chanels lately (dont have much if any ungers)

PJ Bullard

Yeah be careful with furniture because you get black drips of dirt that you wouldn't think will be falling off. I did one of these a couple months back. Bring your step stall in and set it up at the lower end of the glass - i.e where it slopes off. Then just applicator it and then squeegee it like a normal window and use a pole. I did a massive conny like this using a small unger pole and trad gear. It takes a while to do and it gets bloody hot in connys! But knowing you chris, you've prob priced accordingly

Chris33

Well I've priced it at what I'd be more than happy with for two hours work. Is this a realistic time scale?for a 12/14 foot Conny roof lads?

I'll bring poly dust sheets and ask her to move what she can. As off to a big hoose further along coast after this sat job and time is money!

laddergarder

Not sure about the channel buddy, but unger's S channels are about £3 (14 inch). Might be worth buying just in case. You could probably get away with just elastic banding a scrim over your poles cone, to save buying a clamp. Clamps is just what I use.

laddergarder

Its hard to judge as I haven't seen it, but I have never had the inside of a conservatory roof & windows take more than 30 mins. If you've priced it for 2 hours, you'll be fine I think.

Chris33

Thanks @laddergarder I'll get a clamp and s channel anyway,never know when it'll come in handy.

Good stuff,more learning lol! Here we go

laddergarder

Any time I am inside someone property I wear shoe covers. Not really necessary in a conservatory, but if its wet day and you drag in mud, the custy might not be too pleased hardwood/tiled floors or not. You can buy them from B&Q. Might be worth a though also.