Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank to bulkhead.

Kenny Q

Hello guys, my first time on here. I've a 650 litre upright tank, fitted up against the bulkhead. With hindsight I would have done things differently, but my only option was to put it against the bulkhead. I'm taking it out this weekend to paint the van floor with protectacote, and then put it back. Is there any tips on what to put between tank and bulkhead to stop it from squeaking when I'm driving? Thanks in advance

First of all, don't bother with protetacote, it's a waste of time.

And with your bulkhead and tank, a thin sheet of rubber does great!

No not at all mate, we triple coated our vans with protectacote, And they all scuff and chip away adventually. We pay £675 for x-line for our Renault masters for floor and half way up the sides. The stuff is bullet proof.

Is the tank not in a frame?

As Chris said a bit of rubber or carpet where it rubs I also think protectocote is a waste of time it takes a good couple of days to apply and dry then after 6 month it begins to wear.I had mine speedlinered it has a lifetime warranty.

Thanks for your replies guys .. I'll put carpet between tank and bulkhead, as I've got plenty in loft. Yip it's got a wooden frame built around it, and a cargo strap, and is going nowhere. Not ideal I know, but I'm on a tight budget, but will put a flat tank and a steel frame next summer. Thanks again

Renault vans are all galvanised with 12 year antu corrosion warranty so you paid best part of £2k for nothing really?

I did protectakote my Trafic as it is ply lined so it's the ply I have coated.

Have used Protectakote on my last 3 vans and never had it chip or flake, perhaps your prep and application was not up to par?

No not at all mate, we triple coated our vans with protectacote, And they all scuff and chip away adventually. We pay £675 for x-line for our Renault masters for floor and half way up the sides. The stuff is bullet proof.

Back