Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

sullybeans

Flocked brush on leaded windows

sullybeans

I have a area that has leaded/stained glass at top of unit and clear glass on bottom section that i currently do traditional. I have read up that a flocked brush is better for these windows. does it make to much of a difference? i have a normal Gardiner medium sill brush just now. just wanted to find out so i can order a flocked brush before the round is due again and i change over to WFP. Cheers guys.

Marko067

It's surprising how easy monofilament bristles can get under older lead on windows, especially if it has already started to lift due to weathering. The softer the bristles the better in my experience. I'd either go for a soft, medium/soft or flocked brush. Flocked being the least likely to lift it.

paul1

Ive been using flocked only brush xline for past few week on all jobs and loving it, greatvfeel on the glass imo.. trying a gardiner superlite compact flocked next