Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Roland

Domestic Setup Needed!

Roland

I have had no replies to a previous thread about buying pure water in the Midlands so I am looking at getting a small setup to produce my own water.

All I want to do is clean my own and my mum and dads windows so don't need anything fancy.

I have a pole any brush, what else would you recommend?

kevinc250

simply put roland,you just need a di vessell 11l or more and some resin,for what you want to do with this theres no need to get a ro stystem when the di vessel will be far better for your initial needs-true it may cost more in the long run on resin but it will be the better way for you

Roland

Does it work on water pressure or do I need something like a backpack?

Any recommendations on makes?

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Some areas of the Midlands have real nice water quality. Firstly I would get a TDS meter off ebay for a tenner and check the quality.

If 150ppm or below then an 11 DI vessel will last you an age, especially if just doing two houses a month.

Connect the inlet to the garden tap (all standard hozelock fittings) and the outlet to your pole.

The taps water pressure (you will only need one turn on the tap or so) should be more than sufficient to pump the water to the brush.

Job done.

Roland

Thanks for your replies, very helpful!

javatomic

If your just doing your family's windows you may as well get a mop and rubber on an extendable pole, aldi are doing them at the moment but cant speak to their quality but might be a lot cheaper for you.

laddergarder
Does it work on water pressure or do I need something like a backpack?

Any recommendations on makes?

If you have an outside tap at all three properties, no you could just hook your pole straight to your DI tanks output hose, and adjust the outside tap until you get a nice jet of water from your brush. If this isn't the case, then yes you will need a little backpack. Also a few 25ltr containers to hold your extra purified water.

Can you not just turn the windows in, and squeegee them. Might be cheaper, if its just your families windows your doing.