Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to extend a triple ladder

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Donal

I am over 12 years doing window cleaning with a double ladder. No problems. I have started doing gutter cleaning and have purchased a microlite standoff and a 23 foot triple ladder. Now please do not laugh at this, but how the hell can I push the ladder up high enough that the microlite standoff goes on the roof, easily.

At the moment, I have to stand on my step ladder to get the extra height to push the ladder up. (I am 5 foot 11) This can not be right and can not be safe, especially when I am taking the ladder down.

There must be an easier way to do this. looking at videos, I see ladders with ropes and a pully?

Any advice would be great thanks.

I am over 12 years doing window cleaning with a double ladder. No problems. I have started doing gutter cleaning and have purchased a microlite standoff and a 23 foot triple ladder. Now please do not laugh at this, but how the hell can I push the ladder up high enough that the microlite standoff goes on the roof, easily.
At the moment, I have to stand on my step ladder to get the extra height to push the ladder up. (I am 5 foot 11) This can not be right and can not be safe, especially when I am taking the ladder down.

There must be an easier way to do this. looking at videos, I see ladders with ropes and a pully?

Any advice would be great thanks.
With mine, I push the first one up as far as it will go (and be safe), then the second goes up to where the top needs to rest - usually four or five rungs.

Look at the thread 'working off a ladder not worth the risk' tench has put a video link in that shows it better than I can describe it. Number 10. I went for a rope operated fibreglass which is a god send at times but I still prefer to use my double 4.5m which I have to walk up the wall as in the video.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for the advice lads. I think rugbywolf you could be right, I do not think I was pushing the first one up as far as it went, also I had the microlite on the 2ed or third rung, instead of the first one.

Thanks for the advice lads. I think rugbywolf you could be right, I do not think I was pushing the first one up as far as it went, also I had the microlite on the 2ed or third rung, instead of the first one.
Do you need the stand-off? I will push the ladders up under the eaves, and I am able to reach from there. Good tip: keep an old paint brush, or something similar, so as you work along you can stick it in the gutter (sticking out) where you have got to. That way you can see from the ground where you need to put the ladder for the next bit.

Push the 1st section up as high as you can....if it secure footing..stand on the bottom rung or two.n push up as you bounce it off the wall a bit...repeat with the 2nd section...i used to use a trade 15 rung treble n clean 4th floor flats doin this method...must n f mad!!!!!!

Latest Posts

Back