Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner push to fit control valve or gooseneck ?

slipknot

hey guys i want some sort of control over my water flow so i don't waste a lot of water which would you guys go for the push to fit control valve or the gooseneck valve ?

I use both the Gooseneck valve and the Univalve (On separate poles). Both are really good bits of kit and give almost instant control over flow.

If you do mainly ground and first floor work I'd go for the Gooseneck valve. If you do a lot of work at heights of 25ft or over as well I'd go with the Univalve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use both the Gooseneck valve and the Univalve (On separate poles). Both are really good bits of kit and give almost instant control over flow.If you do mainly ground and first floor work I'd go for the Gooseneck valve. If you do a lot of work at heights of 25ft or over as well I'd go with the Univalve.
Are these quite tight at first just I have slackened the grubs screws and has not made any difference I the tightness of the twist if you get what I mean?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I thought it was a little tight till I put the brush on the glass and used it. You do need a little resistance otherwise you'll find it turning on and off too easily.

let us know how u get on on monday
Well my first thought was this is no good too tight pressing on windows trying to turn it off brush stock hitting the glass (this was first job )

Second job and don't ask me why but all I can say was hey presto works a dream after initial teething problems.

Easy to use on both on and off twist once you have the technique right saved around 25 litres today and only did half day so if we save 125 litres a week x 4/5 week month that's 500-625 litres a month so worth every penny in my eyes

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back