Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

DannyWCSNorthampton

High Level Sills

DannyWCSNorthampton

Hi all

What is the best way to clean the sills at height using a water fed pole? My customers are happy with the clean but are starting to pick up on the sills not getting done, any tips to getting them up or is it just one of life's little mysteries. Thanks in advance

Danny

steve garwood

As above. Standard brushes can have a tendency to 'glide' over sills so don't scrub the dirt I.m.o.

When I switched over to sill brushes, I was amazed how much extra sh*t flew off the sills :)

The tattood one

As above...i used to use vikan but change over to gardiner n got a sill brush in package....seems to work...end o day...some custy like to moan

johnny bravo

a sill brush, also better to use these on soffits and connys

Carlwindy

A sill brush but it's never gonna get a stubborn but of bird shi* off a sill

The window cleaning kid

Hate to sound dumb, but are you guys using a sill brush on the whole window or putting an extra pole up with sill brush on after ?

Green Pro Clean Ltd
Hate to sound dumb, but are you guys using a sill brush on the whole window or putting an extra pole up with sill brush on after ?

I only use sill brushes on everything. All day long.

Dont see the point of other brushes now.

Guybrush

use a swivel neck, twist the pole and the angle of the brush will face flush with the sill. You can also do this on skylights no need to collapse the pole down if your at ground level just twist the the pole so the brush is sideways on to the skylight simples.

adamangler

End of the day. Cleaning upstairs sills is guesswork with wfp. I just scrub very well on the first clean then on maintenance cleans 2-3:quick scrubs with the water on and 1 with it off seems to do the trick. Or at least no one complains, well maybe once or twice they have but u can't see up there so what do they expect lol

adamangler

End of the day. Cleaning upstairs sills is guesswork with wfp. I just scrub very well on the first clean then on maintenance cleans 2-3:quick scrubs with the water on and 1 with it off seems to do the trick. Or at least no one complains, well maybe once or twice they have but u can't see up there so what do they expect lol

adamangler

And yes I only use a sill brush also. Since I tried one I see no reason to use anything else. Great on gutters, conny roofs and sills. I find they take some hammer as well mines lasted ages

The window cleaning kid

what brush are you using Adam

The tattood one

If there a satelite dish above or nest.or owt where birds perch n sh!t...i just clean as normal...alway use a sill brush..sofyer flockin for frames n goes over glass easier me finks...that nust me tho

steve garwood

Talking of birds, my mate kept speaking to me using bird puns.

I thought, right, toucan play at that game :D

steve garwood
Omg.....does this open up joke forum

Lol

Like to add a little 'light humor' to keep the forum from getting too 'c.i.u', ie, not to be serious all the time. :)

The tattood one

I works on me own all day n often talk to meself...anyfin to brighten the day...n wen a custy brings out 2 cups tea as talkin to mesen n not a labourer...priceless

Green Pro Clean Ltd
Omg.....does this open up joke forum

Lol

You found the Ging.. no helping you now mate, you're on your own. :)

Marko067

Funny, I haven't found a sill brush I can work with yet. On the sills they're fine but I hate them on the glass. Normally I just lift the pole to angle the brush bristles down a bit and if that doesn't give a finish the customer is happy with I adjust the angle adapter to face the brush down. That normally does the jobby.

Marko067

Funny, I haven't found a sill brush I can work with yet. On the sills they're fine but I hate them on the glass. Normally I just lift the pole to angle the brush bristles down a bit and if that doesn't give a finish the customer is happy with I adjust the angle adapter to face the brush down. That normally does the jobby. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the sill brush, I just can't get on with them for cleaning windows