Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Omnipole 4200 Vac filter

D

DanC

Just brought this Vac was wondering does the filter need to stay in at all times? Or do you remove it depending on whether it's a wet or dry pic up? Only it seems to take up alot of space in the drum?

When I bought mine years ago omnivac said only to use the filter If using the vac for dust hoovering , I've never used the filter for gutter work when it's full to stop the water going into the motors it has a float that shuts the vac down , I have worked with it like this for 7+ years with no problem

I have a 3000 watt gutter sucker, the instructions say to take out filter when using on a wet day.

Now I have forgotten to do this on one or two occasions and have then spent some time trying to clean and dry it out.

I think if its wet enough in the gutter its self then the **** that comes out should be heavy enough too fall to the bottom.

I'm not sure if its my imagination but, with the filter in the power does not seem as strong.

Pjj in all honesty you have been very lucky, when vacuuming gutters even when damp you get bits of grit that without a filter will eventually get into the motor and will cause them to not work as well or eventually burn them out.I have known one person on their first day forgot to put the filter in sucked up a roof tack and destroyed one of the motors.The problem with most gutter vac manufacturers is that they don't do gutter cleaning so don't understand how it works. With regards to the filter in the Gutter Sucker because they don't adapt it for gutter cleaning then the fibres in the filter swell up and that causes loss of suction. We however from actually doing gutter cleaning and encountering these problems ourselves actually adapt the filters so they do not clog up and you don't lose suction and you get the benefit of the filter which will help prolong the life of your vac motors.

Pjj in all honesty you have been very lucky, when vacuuming gutters even when damp you get bits of grit that without a filter will eventually get into the motor and will cause them to not work as well or eventually burn them out.I have eteknown one person on their first day forgot to put the filter in sucked up a roof tack and destroyed one of the motors.The problem with most gutter vac manufacturers is that they don't do gutter cleaning so don't understand how it enworks. With regards to the filter in the Gutter Sucker because they don't adapt it for gutter cleaning then the fibres in the filter swell up and that causes loss of suction. We however from actually doing gutter cleaning and encountering these problems ourselves actually adapt the filters so they do not clog up and you don't lose suction and you get the benefit of the filter which will help prolong the life of your vac motors.
Thanks for the advice there is a little metal filter and a float switch on the bottom of the motors that is supost to stop dirt and water entering the motors as when the float switch activates it shuts the motors off , then empty the vac and carry on , that's what omnivac said when I bought it and I've always done that and not had any problems and I've done a serious lot of work over seven + years are you saying this is the wrong way of working ? There is never any dirt on the underside of the motor housing , I must admit three never was an operating instruction booklet when I bought it I went up to there main office in London way they took me out for the day to do some gutter cleaning jobs and that was there way of training you . I have been thinking of phoning you as ime considering getting a smaller vac for houses to save taking the generator all the time , I believe you are trialing an 1800 wat machine ? Can you give me any details on it ? Can I use my existing hose and carbon poles on your machine ? Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance Paul

Hi Paul,

Where the muck can build up is on the impellers in the motor and that can cause the damage, I have spoken to Omni customers in the past who have had their machines burn out because of this, it sounds like you have been very fortunate. We have been using the 1800 for a couple of months now and have been very impressed with it, it really does a good job, it's also got a 40 litre tank on it so has a good capacity overall we are really impressed with it.

Back