Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sections

J and S

I want to remove a section from my pole my only problem is getting the pole hose out and back.

On the top section is a black section with a screw thread for screwing the brush holder onto...the pole hose also comes out of a hole there...I can't get this black section off to feed the hose through and if I just push the hose through I won't be able to get it back through the hole.....any ideas on getting this part off...it's solid.

Remove the hose from the pole. (I think you may have to take the black hose barb to JG connector off the end of the hose first)

When you feed the hose back in you will need to locate the end of it with a piece of coat hanger wire, or some such to help feed it back out through the hole in the top end of the pole. That's the way I'd do it anyhow

It looks like a pole i started out with...the alloy cone is pot riveted or glue on.to change the alloy cone over.i cut it off.sanded down the end n re glued a new one...the pain is.u feed the hose back threw the top..or position it back threw the cone b4 gluing...good luck here

My first pole was an Unger and the top looked like this. If I ever wanted to change a brush I would disconnect the hose from the brush and pull the hose out. To get the hose back in the pole I had to push it back down the pole from the top through the hole near the thread. It wouldn't come out of the pole if I pushed it upwards. So pushing it down from the top is probably the only way to do it.

Another suggestion is to go tubeless. Cut your hose about 1-1 1/2 inches from where it comes out the bottom of the pole leaving a short tail. remove the section you want to take off and fit a straight JG connector to the tail, then reconnect your hose. You may have to fit a barbed JG fitting to the hose depending on what hose you are using. When working, keep the top section extended slightly which will keep the JG connector inside the pole when working. The advantage of this setup is that you can disconnect your pole from the hose when you've finished work.

Latest Posts

Back