Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

The tattood one

Can you just!!!!!

The tattood one

How many times o hear this...while you got ya ladders..can you just...what insane jobs you lot had on here...took another on today...can you do my ridge tiles and take old satalite dish down please...get yer wallet out :):):)

Adams0211
get yer wallet out :):):)

Exactly that. I'll do anything for the right customer but the piss takers do my head in. I had another regular "can you just" customer today. "Can you just clean the inside patio door while you're here?"

"Yep, no problem. That'll be a fiver extra."

And she paid it :rolleyes:

Markyboy 50

I had one last year, asked me to nip up and see if his gutter was blocked as it kept overflowing. I duly went up and looked then came down. He asked if it was blocked or not. I said it would cost him £20 to find out.... Or he could nip up my ladder and have a look himself. Eventually he paid up. Then I told him..... They were clear. Must of been heavy rain lol

The tattood one

Lv gutter cleans. Espescially wen it a tennis ball blocking it...that ok...ill put it bk then lol

Tuffers
Lv gutter cleans. Espescially wen it a tennis ball blocking it...that ok...ill put it bk then lol

I've had that. Can you take a look in my gutter. Yep there's 3 tennis balls up there. Did you remove them? No.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Personally I think thats poor attitude IMO.

If I go up and scout out a gutter and it's something as daft as a tennis ball then I take it out. Do I charge if it's a regular?? No. That one chore took two minutes but explaining to the customer 'just a tennis ball, no charge for that" keeps a customer for life.

Leeds
Personally I think thats poor attitude IMO.

If I go up and scout out a gutter and it's something as daft as a tennis ball then I take it out. Do I charge if it's a regular?? No. That one chore took two minutes but explaining to the customer 'just a tennis ball, no charge for that" keeps a customer for life.

Agree with this! And it'll always come back to you in the future and pay even more in some other way! Recommendations etc!

Clisty1989

This time of year I have the mindset if the nicer you are the bigger the tips. Last year it worked

Markyboy 50
Agree with this! And it'll always come back to you in the future and pay even more in some other way! Recommendations etc!

All depends how they ask you! Yesterday I done a job. It's usually £14 for the outs. Twice a year she has the insides done. Yesterday was an inside day. She asked nicely if I could help re hang her curtains. Spent 10 mins doing it. No charge!

The tattood one
Which curtains?

Lol...keep it clean here...my mrs always finks suspiciously anyway....;)

Markyboy 50
Lol...keep it clean here...my mrs always finks suspiciously anyway....;)

She's obviously heard about us window cleaners. A woman in each town

The tattood one

Was trained by her brother in law...ex i may ad as his pole did more work than his er....pole lol

slipknot

i sometimes wonder if im a window cleaner or a bob or all trades, this year ive had women ask me to trim there bush back, clean there gutters, remove a bird nest and repair a roof due to the roofer not doing it properly xD. i do get asked to do some very odd jobs lmao

rugbywolf
Which curtains?

I was at a long time regular custie who will ask the odd time favours. One thing he will do is ask me if he can borrow my cloths or squeegee, because he wants to clean some advertising (he's got a business that I clean). Today was a gem! there is an upheaval in town at the moment because road works are going on and the car park I normally use was shut off, so I had to park further away (longer walk to job). so I'm nearly finished and he comes out and asks about a light that is hanging down (a bit). I told it was OK and not likely to fall, and he say "when you've finished the top I'll have a look" (he always assumes he can use my stuff). I told I was on limited parking so was not able to oblige. "Alright leave it" he said and went back inside. I knew he was cross, but that's not my problem. He then comes straight back out and gives me his cheque. while I was getting my things together to return to my van, he came out and shouted at me that I need not come back again. I said that I thought that was a bit unfair, to which he replied "F*** fair. now F*** off. I am just preparing to write him a nice email (which I hope his wife reads first!).

C Rose Cleaning Services

Used to get this all the time when I started. Now they respect my time and don't usually ask for little favours.

Doesn't stop me offering though sometimes. All part of the relationship with the customer.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dan Paton

As markyboy says above it's all down to how they ask. They've got to pass the attitude test. I cleaned carpets for years before windows and constantly got asked to do small rugs and doormats etc. If they where nice about it I generally did but if they looked down their nose and just expected it for free then they got charged.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The tattood one

I been asked to do a favour today...soz..i dont do favours.i charge for my time

I RUN A BUSINESS...NOT A CHARITY

pay up or get anither muppet to do so

Kennygggkent

I see both sides really, had a custy ask if I could see why there gutter was leaking, i was just about to oblige when he said something like "You probally hit it with your pole! I was like.....um well no i haven't done that. So after feeling affended i said yeah no problem but i'll have to charge you £10 to get the ladder off and have a look. To which they said they would get there son to have a look and then said they didn't need my services anymore. My point is that i would happily do it for the right custy but the one that always want something for nothing can go elsewhere please. I think a good tradesman gets a radar for the timewasters. I'm slowly gettig mine up to speed!:wait:

The tattood one
I see both sides really, had a custy ask if I could see why there gutter was leaking, i was just about to oblige when he said something like "You probally hit it with your pole! I was like.....um well no i haven't done that. So after feeling affended i said yeah no problem but i'll have to charge you £10 to get the ladder off and have a look. To which they said they would get there son to have a look and then said they didn't need my services anymore. My point is that i would happily do it for the right custy but the one that always want something for nothing can go elsewhere please. I think a good tradesman gets a radar for the timewasters. I'm slowly gettig mine up to speed!:wait:

I see where u come from here...the chance o losin a custy coz u wont do somefin for free...even tho mayb u hit with ya pole....yeah right lol...get ya BS radar tuned mate....id rather not av custys like that.....unfortunatly...sometimes....they need to act up to see the real them

Green Pro Clean Ltd
I been asked to do a favour today...soz..i dont do favours.i charge for my time

I RUN A BUSINESS...NOT A CHARITY

pay up or get anither muppet to do so

Your point is fair although I differ in mindset, average monthly value £16 on the windows, average odd job value (gutters, conny roof etc) £200 annual average turnover per customer £392.00. I'm quite happy once in a blue moon to clean the inside kitchen window or wipe over the meter box.

and then said they didn't need my services anymore.

They wouldn't have had the chance to cancel my service, after his quip about hitting the gutter he would have gotten the Green Special..... 'Very sorry sir, you no longer fit our customer profile' as I pack up and walk off.

Tossers have to go, simple, occasional favors for regular punters are essential as that occasional 5 mins here and there is what earns loyalty and referrals.

The tattood one

I do charge for my time.windows gutters etc...if asked to do a kitchen or the likes...cupa tea n biscuit for a minutes work is fair :)

Eviestevie

Some off my custys I've been cleaning over 20 year and some I have grown fond off so I'll always do the odd job

im cheeky chap tho and I'll just say

Stick the kettle on then

I believe if your right with people they'll be right with you in every walk off life

I always have been and now I can honestly say I get a discount in nearly every shop and restaurant I go

There's a chap in are local town absolutely crap windy to be honest,but he's the nicest bloke going,will he ever loose a custy to a better windyno because people have bought in to him

Matt Clarke
Your point is fair although I differ in mindset, average monthly value £16 on the windows, average odd job value (gutters, conny roof etc) £200 annual average turnover per customer £392.00. I'm quite happy once in a blue moon to clean the inside kitchen window or wipe over the meter box.

They wouldn't have had the chance to cancel my service, after his quip about hitting the gutter he would have gotten the Green Special..... 'Very sorry sir, you no longer fit our customer profile' as I pack up and walk off.

Tossers have to go, simple, occasional favors for regular punters are essential as that occasional 5 mins here and there is what earns loyalty and referrals.

I had a customer call me a f??!ing idiot once. I walked away from job told him to keep his cash. A couple of months later he rang up to ask why I hadn't been round to clean his windys! ! If I wasn't so shocked I would have used the same reply he gave me but I just said don't need or want your business that much if that's how you speak to people who clean windys early in the morning. By the way it was 10 am hardly early.

No he doesn't work nights!

matt18

if you was to go to a pizza restaurant and order your pizza, and 4 minutes into the your pizza being cooked you was to say to the one of the staff could you do me some garlic bread with my pizza. would you expect the garlic bread free?

some how I don't think so. I think the same apply to us.