Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Nick pegler DWC

shattered

Nick pegler DWC

Has any one every broke a window while pressure cleaning a patio. Had a 8ft by 4ft pane shattered today first one ever lucky it's one of my best customers who was really good about it I was in bits like the glass .

Ben23

Not from pressure washing but put a conny window through while strimming once, a stone /bit of gravel got thrown from the far end where I was working and went through it like a bullet, horrible isnt it?

Nick pegler DWC

Yeah felt sick still my customer was so good about it just said these things happen I suppose out of all the jobs I have done it was going to happen still not nice wondered if any one had any advice on what they do to stop it.

Ben23

Do you know how it happened? IE was it the jet hitting the window or debris? I always try to ensure theres not gravel etc kicking about by sweeping the area first, however a bit of stray dislodged mortar could still cause damage, I think by the law of averages things are going to go awry sometimes, just a case of limiting it and being lucky with good customers :)

Dan Paton

If you where using a turbo nozzle it could easily have been a small stone that's done it. I can only imagine how you felt. I'd have been in bits myself. Lucky your custy was cool about it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Nick pegler DWC

Yeah always blow area down with lance on low to remove any bits and was using a whirlaway so just bad luck I suppose might take a board with me to put over doors in future the window fitter said it's quite common for gardeners to do it with mowers and it's always the lower part that gets hit ...

peter rogers

insurance will cover it no big deal thingpen