Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decking job

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
hi all had a local letting agency email me asking for a quote to jet wash this decking as end of tenancy guess they want to clear up before having new in. This is the worst decking I've come across I have learnt that pummelling the decking with pressure isn't all ways best method I was thinking to soft wash this following a light pressure wash I have some Benz black wash lying around was going to lay it on thick here and suggest a re stain will really add some kurb appeal? Nice dark stain to cover this mess?? My question is any advice on method and price ??

For decking you don't want to go too strong with hypo or it will bleach it white almost

Wood is the easiest stuff to clean with hypo i reckon

I would softwash decking before any pressure washig as itnoften doesn't need it

Just rinse with pw on very low after

Hard to price for a letting agent factors are outside tap with good pressure poor access to address I will have to park my van 50metres away and walk my washer etc up a hill and drag in to address I'm thinking to replace the broken piece of decking and soft wash the lot for £175 :hey:

That is a bad one mate

Without the plants growing all over it it would be easy hypo only and quick rinse

Getting all that ivy muck off will be the hardest thing

Actual wood cleaning with hypo is the best results i have ever seen going from dirty to clean

I am doing a fence for someone soon so will do a vid

Found this on pootube which shows how effective it is

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5jF18RuO-Y[/media]

Yes I see @daveyboy as that old yank says that's a bare fence this decking has been stained with God knows what thick black stuff it will not easily budge it will be a hard days work this one. I will give a price for clean and also suggest I re stain it with a nice dark Cuprinol stain and keep price reasonable as I'd like further work for agency perhaps.

Dark stain should cover most stuff up lol

Definitely keep the price reasonable if there is the chance of repeat work from them

Ohhh its seems to be very old and bad stuff to work with...and from the image it seems broken as well...so you need to work hard on it...

If I got it I would sweep away most of it then ddac at 40.1

Will kill the algae with in 1 min then it will just be mother nature to clear it

Clearing from 2 to 10 days

May leave a black staining so would go spot clean with black wash

You wanna soak the wood first to stop the hypo from soaking into wood because it take longer to rinse out

Back