Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter debris removal...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Patrick Flaherty

How many gutters do you guys empty in a year ???

Is it seasonal ??? Like this time of year with all the leaves and pine needles and other shite flying around..

How long before you got your investment back on a gutter vac ????

We find it's all year round ourselves, there's busier times from about now till Easter. But after that there's still a steady stream of work (especially if it's wet). Return on investment on a gutter vac obviously depends on type of work and type of machine you buy but as a general rule about 10-15 jobs but could be less.

I don't push for it but I know a guy in Eastleigh who does it full time as a business. He doesn't clean windows or anything else just gutters. When he goes to one job he then knocks every door on that street and invariably books more in . He's been going years so he must do ok at it. I met him by chance when I was cleaning the carpets at a house a few years ago and he had six gutter jobs booked in on that street.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i clean them out all the time some after the leves have finily come off the trees others any time as lots of moss on roofs i spent about £1200 on my vac set up included extension leads ect i made it back in a few months to be fair as i pushed for gutters now im happy to do 3 or 4 a month

We don't push gutter cleaning (selling gutter vac kits is our main business) and we're doing 5-6 per week.

Gutter vac gets you the awkward jobs no one else can do and then you can charge well for the service

I will be getting one soon

When I was a relative noob I used to chase commercial left and right. As I gained experience I found that it was not for me.

Quotes, RAMS, re-quote wait weeks for answers etc.

Residential - Turn up, quote, usually a on the spot yes or no. Simple.

I do maintain several commercial sites but on my terms. I am mildy flexible and one of the schools I do does require a cherry picker so they pay for the privilage but I am not going to buy a cherry picker just to please a commercial client.... they dont pay enough.

I have owned gutter vacs and find them a waste of time it's as simple as that. I know some love them just not me.

View attachment 8866

View attachment 8867

This is second job of the morning. Both done safely and both paid on the spot (no 30 days like commercials) and my daily earnings target done by 12 noon.

thats a nother bonas grean the ladders are still good i use them on some jobs were the vac cant get at using pro gutter tools but the vac is the first thing i go to tho, i do have a 7.5m triple for the odd job
14650717_1744227332505926_3992650922397647571_n.jpg

Pine needles don't talk about them!!!! It surprises me that when I see other gutter vacs out there that they don't supply an extra thin head? The second job I ever did (I had Omni poles at the time before we started making kits) was a large apartment complex with narrow gutters so we made an extra thin then and use it no end of the time now.

Pine needles don't talk about them!!!! It surprises me that when I see other gutter vacs out there that they don't supply an extra thin head? The second job I ever did (I had Omni poles at the time before we started making kits) was a large apartment complex with narrow gutters so we made an extra thin then and use it no end of the time now.
ive cleaned this job twice now 1st time i use my finer end but it keeped blocking at the ubend grrrr not shore if its cos mine is a flexy rubber or not also had a few blockeges in the inlet , this clean i used a ladder and just used the pipe that goes in the vac i shaved 14 minits ish off the time doing it this way next time ill hand job it out c if its quicker its only low level bunglow so no biggy the vacs do have there limits pine needles are 1 of them grrrrr

Latest Posts

Back