Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stay clean glass.&ubik 2000

Ian bailey

Just a quick one. A few of our new build houses and conservatory roofs have stay clean glass. So far have not used any chemicals in case of damage .. can ubik be used diluted or will this damage the layer applied on the glass

Tia

Ian

This has been covered several times on here, and the one thing I can guarantee is you will get varied opinions on this.

All I can do is give my experience on them.

on non self cleaning glass I use a mix of roughly 20% ubik. However, on self cleaning glass I will use half that and I won't leave it on the glass as long.

This works for me and I've never had a problem. Good luck /emoticons/smile.png

is sases that only water or lite soaps like fairy ect can be used on scg but as we all no scg is dung and dont work to a good standerd i use strong ubik mix on scg conny roofs sod it the custmer wont no any different any way :rofl:

As steve says mixed opinions on this one. I did my first one probably 9months ago and posted the same question at the time. I decided in the end and being quite cautious myself to just use fairy plus warm water sometimes a bit of flash all purpose splashed in which has done the job everytime no ubik needed. That's my preference for what it's worth...........

Ecover washing up liquid is far less likely to be an issue , Pilkington Glass used to have a approved cleaning agents list but all links on their website just end up with no results .

Back