Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

bigred

Pressure washing prices

andy@alt
No don't use a watering can. The coverage isn't so consistent and the drops hit the ground with more of a splat and you don't want to disturb the sand - and last thing u need is the sprinkler falling off!

Use a pump sprayer wirh viton seals like this Hozelock although you can get cheaper ones with larger capacity if u look around and Amazon is your best bet.This just meant as an example for you.... Hozelock Viton 7 Litre Industrial Sprayer (max fill* 5L): Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

These are meant for heavy duty chemicals and last longer. However,if it's just a one-off u will get away using a basic pump srayer for a tenner from Homebase etc. There have been times when I've forgotten my sprayer and realised on way to a job and if easier for me I've stopped and bought a cheap one rather than going home and they work fine - but won't last long cos they can't withstand the corrosive effect of sealers. But worth considering to start with and just clean it and pump through fresh water afterwards and u might get more use out of it.

Longer term though once the expense is justified get a decent one cos a cheap sprayer will pack up without warning

Great, thanks for the help.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cristian
Imprint prices include all cracks repaired. Flag stone, crazy paving etc prices, includes re-pointing. Not interested in doing part of the job. If they don't want it done right I aint interested in doing it.
Out of interest how do you charge for re-pointing?

RobertM

@K in Kent

YES fantastic info you've given here,

i too would buy ya a few pints to pick ya brains!

Granary

Hi 

I am looking for some help with pricing.

I have a job that covers 290 square meters of monoblock with medium to light staining/organic growth.

What is the going rate for cleaning this size of area?

Thanks

scottish cleaning service

I charge £3 sq metre and i tell them i will sand for free on a sunny day. I don't go below £3 unless its a massive area. I'm doing a PW on Friday on monoblock and the house costs 700k so there's no point being cheap or they will chase me. PW is like buses, don't get one for weeks and then 3 come at once, what i have found out. fwiw, Nearly forgot, i buy a bag of 25kg Hanson kiln dry sand for £4 a bag and it usually covers 80 sq metres.

THL4KEL

Jewson are cheap for Kiln (Its always dry never damp) at the moment bought some today £2.33 per bag was £4 a few weeks back... Might stock up for next year while its cheap.

scottish cleaning service

I have a PW job tomorrow, removing a broken gutter stain down a red sandstone house. Now he has asked me to PW the driveway on Friday at £3 a sq metre, happy days. Monday i have another big 300sq metre PW job with a few extras. Like i said, haven't had one in weeks and now i have two and maybe three when the neighbours see or hear me cleaning the driveways.