Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar cleaning email

Marc025

Had a email today of a solar cleaning contractor, says I can train and sub off them for £199 +vat, you get a t-shirt and certificate, I carry on reading the email and it says there is no official training and if I decided to stop subbing from them they want the t-shirt and certificate back, is this a joke, scam or wind up?? Has anyone else had one??

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I just had a call off them! The price...a set price of 30 quid! No chance

How many panels I asked? After checking it out 12 to 14 and a one off clean.

Told them to do one.

Clean clear solar solutions solar steve I think he's desperate all this work and no one to do it he's been trying to recruit subsystem again on another forum and been slated was quite funny to see what everyone was saying , Ime surprised he hasn't surfaced on hear . Just for the record I never did get my tee shirt when I did stuf for him .my advice would be avoid like the plague its slave labour 16 pence a panel to do farms

That markets knackered then. I'll stick to the farm roofs.
Yes I quite agree we used to have a few solar farms that we did but he's killed the market + I never liked doing them , we only do a few farm roof mounts and small commercial jobs with a lot of domestics as anything else doesn't pay , windows is easier far more profitable, repeat work every 4 /8 weeks and easier more enjoyable

That markets knackered then. I'll stick to the farm roofs.
Yes I quite agree we used to have a few solar farms that we did but he's killed the market + I never liked doing them , we only do a few farm roof mounts and small commercial jobs with a lot of domestics as anything else doesn't pay , windows is easier far more profitable, repeat work every 4 /8 weeks and easier more enjoyable

Clean clear solar solutions solar steve I think he's desperate all this work and no one to do it he's been trying to recruit subsystem again on another forum and been slated was quite funny to see what everyone was saying , Ime surprised he hasn't surfaced on hear . Just for the record I never did get my tee shirt when I did stuf for him .my advice would be avoid like the plague its slave labour 16 pence a panel to do farms
He did a while back. @Green Pro Clean Ltd led the charge against him, asking for cold hard facts and evidence, and he threw his Teddy's out the pram and left. Those where some funny threads though:rolleyes:

He did a while back. @Green Pro Clean Ltd led the charge against him, asking for cold hard facts and evidence, and he threw his Teddy's out the pram and left. Those where some funny threads though:rolleyes:

Lol yes I have just had a similar thing with him on another forum he's still trying to work out who I am whent very quite when I quoted the price he is paying subbys, trouble is some people are very gullible and that's the ones that fall for his bull , I know of 3 firms in my area that have stoped doing work for him as it doesn't pay again he went very quite again about that to , wonder why ??? Don't get me wrong I don't dis

Ike the guy he works18 hours a day 7 days a week and deserves to succeed but I think he has shot himself in the foot with what he is paying , unless he is creaming a huge profit for himself I cannot see it lasting as ones are getting wise to him

That's what he was paying , best I ever did was 1200 in a day most employees would do 800 -1000 that's why it doesn't pay on top of that there is traveling expenses sometimes it's a two hour drive to the job then home again later water expenses etc not viable at all

I

I've been quoting jobs like this for a while, guess this why we don't pick up the big ones.

Sounds like solar steve. @Solarpanelcleanington said there was the occasional dead squirrel or bird that had chewed through the wires and within minutes Steve had jumped all over this as evidence and proof that you can be killed by a solar panel.
I am sure to this day if a panel fell off a roof and hit you on the bonce it may kill you but I am struggling still to find any evidence of death due to cleaning of panels.

Solar Steve is nothing more than a joke and has done more irrepreble harm to the cleaning industry alone than any ome person in history.

Large solar farms could have been a tidy eaener for all including steve but he sold out at super low prices in order to try and corner the market and he did, now he just cant find anyone to clean them.

Back