Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possible first solar job

El Sombrero

I don't advertise solar panels as part of my regular service and have never done one before, but I've been asked to take a look at a job tomorrow. Tempted to say no at first as I'm concerned my SLX-25 won't reach! It's only an average semi-detached. Does anyone else use an SLX to clean solar panels?

In my experience you'll need 30ft minimum if you want to do them from the ground. Nothing stopping you getting up the ladder and working from gutter level to clean them, just make sure you secure the ladder at the top and bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have a 30ft Extreme & it only just reaches the top panels on the average house. I reckon you'll be able to reach the lower set of panels but not the upper ones. Give it go & see how get on!

You can always buy an extension for your SLX-25 if you want to add solar panel cleaning to your portfolio of services.

In my experience you'll need 30ft minimum if you want to do them from the ground. Nothing stopping you getting up the ladder and working from gutter level to clean them, just make sure you secure the ladder at the top and bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

If he goes up a ladder to gutter level, how is he going to clean the panels satisfactorily whilst having 3 points of contact on the ladder?

Tuffers - seriously?
For 'safety' reasons I retract the above advice. There is no way of using a water fed pole whilst on a ladder ?Buy a 40ft plus pole or just decline the job.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Only way to have 3 points of contact whilst on a ladder and use both hands is to use a full harness system with a carrabina and short lanyard then you will be fine but it's a real pain and not a comfortable way of working , we have a few commercial jobs that have to be done this way but hate doing them ????

Back