Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first day with DIY electric reel

koopmaster

Well I've just done my first day with my electric reel [emoji1] [emoji1]

It took a good few hours to setup and sort everything up... 2 weeks it took lol.. but I only fiddled with it on the weekends.

The reel is not 100% firm on the wood base but it's lined up with the 300w motor.

I cleaned 4 houses before the quick link fell off... But I had a spare link so after 10 minutes of fiddling again I was up and running.

It's so much faster and less work to just stand there with a glove on and press the remote button and reel it in lol...

I don't have a hose guide because ... Well it's my first day so it's a learning curve.

I'm going to buy a few hose reel brackets this week and line up the reel and fasten it in the floor firmly. Well chuffed...

Now feel like I'm working smarter not harder.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Took some photos
965ce866c5d2f6060d63c446af70460f.jpg
77479997ff40d862c8cebdf48e13d5ae.jpg
7c5961dbf797d2e5e727d948bc5c2d6e.jpg

It feels like I have an extra person lol... My job is to clean and it's job is to wind the reel...

In that pic there's wires and hose near the cogs. Is it me or does anyone else think that an unguarded chain is dodgy? Does anyone have a guard on their electric reel?

Looks neat! I'm waiting for the parts to come in so I can build one as well. Though I'm going to try with a belt and a gutted makita drill motor and some 3d printed gears. 

I also thought I could do with a guard. It's only been a few days so I'll look into it.

Well I've just done my first day with my electric reel [emoji1] [emoji1]

It took a good few hours to setup and sort everything up... 2 weeks it took lol.. but I only fiddled with it on the weekends.

The reel is not 100% firm on the wood base but it's lined up with the 300w motor.
I cleaned 4 houses before the quick link fell off... But I had a spare link so after 10 minutes of fiddling again I was up and running.
It's so much faster and less work to just stand there with a glove on and press the remote button and reel it in lol...

I don't have a hose guide because ... Well it's my first day so it's a learning curve.

I'm going to buy a few hose reel brackets this week and line up the reel and fasten it in the floor firmly. Well chuffed...

Now feel like I'm working smarter not harder.

Where did you buy the motor and fittings to fit on to the claber reel?

Looks good by the way and I'm looking into getting mine on electric as well and using a separate battery to power it so there's no problems with running down the battery for the wfp work.

Cheers Dean

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I got it on eBay.. you don't need any fittings. I got the sprocket and unscrewed it and removed the handle and screwed the cap on. Seems to work... The reel keeps moving but I'll buy some brackets tomorrow to hold the reel firmly on the wood. I already had 2 batteries running on solar so the motor is on 1 and the pump is on the other.

To be honest all the links and diagram are on ciu... Under £45 DIY electric reel..

Lol I know.. but since there are only 2 good window cleaning forums it's crazy not to be on both. But if the mods are watching ... I was a member here for far longer than on the other site lol... Plus this one is better xxx.

Lol I know.. but since there are only 2 good window cleaning forums it's crazy not to be on both. But if the mods are watching ... I was a member here for far longer than on the other site lol... Plus this one is better xxx.

You can't put this forum on par with the other one. This one far exceeds the other one.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back