Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

baguley's cleaning service

Solar panel cleaning

Hi, been asked to quote cleaning these at this house, I said £30. Only 12 panels.some have 18 a few houses down so was going to quote 40..do you think that's fair..? In north west.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dave B

I work in Hertfordshire which is not cheap and i still only charge  £2 a panel

Only so much you can charge for them as they take minutes to clean

If you can get more then go for it but i just charge per panel

Part Timer
1 hour ago, baguley's cleaning service said:

Hi, been asked to quote cleaning these at this house, I said £30. Only 12 panels.some have 18 a few houses down so was going to quote 40..do you think that's fair..? In north west.

If you clean their windows and you can do them whilst you're there then it's on the high side for me. If you don't and it's a one off job charge as much as the punter is prepared to pay.

Dave B
3 minutes ago, baguley's cleaning service said:

I don't do domestic Windows, unless it's a full upvc clean or gutter clean. So just solar clean price.

I didn't realise that 

For me to go out my way just to do the panels then i reckon £3 a panel is fair so £36.. £40 is reasonable then i reckon

I don't do jobs like that except for my window customers so they would be done while i am there earning anyway 

C Rose Cleaning Services

I charged £40 to clean these last week and he is an existing customer. 

They were covered in a mound of pigeon poo where the aerial is though but still only took about 35mins. Then I did the windows as usual afterwards. £56 for an hours work. 

I did a schools last weekend that was about twice as many as that for £65 as well. 

You have to charge what you want to earn for these things. I can’t do too many as I’m only using an SLX22 so I have to be on a roof or equivalent to access them though. 

75BE7937-98A3-48FC-9234-7DF0054A44E7.jpeg

Edited by C Rose Cleaning Services

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I charged £3 per panel min £30. 

Jordiebarrett
Wow..some difference there
.are you down south..?

King's Lynn in Norfolk. Nobody values you for selling yourself cheap. We have 8 employees and 10 vans on the road. Not only doing windows but carpets, ovens, upholstery, gutters etc.

Pjj

We charge £3 per panel minimum price of £50 domestic 

solarpanelcleaningltd

fit rate is over 50p /kWh, for early installs. Got to let your price reflect that.

Sorry to sound dumb but what do you mean buy that..?
There's a lot of council properties around our area which were prayed upon by rip off solar firms..so a lot of these potential customers don't see this as a necessity..or their responsibility, it's a hard sell.

solarpanelcleaningltd

If they're installed on a council property, you need to find out who is getting the fit and the export. They will be benefiting from the clean.

Michael Anderson

First cleans take a few goes to make sure they are really clean.So £3 a panel is fair.

scottish cleaning service
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 16:30, solarpanelcleaningltd said:

fit rate is over 50p /kWh, for early installs. Got to let your price reflect that.

I'm getting over 50p a kw with my 4kw system so I cleaned all 16 panels today for the first time in 6yrs. Would be happy to pay £50 a clean every 3yrs because it would pay for itself in 3yrs. My panels are now sparkling and I will take daily readings and compare with old readings. Will let you know how it goes.

vito61
On 07/04/2018 at 19:52, scottish cleaning service said:

I'm getting over 50p a kw with my 4kw system so I cleaned all 16 panels today for the first time in 6yrs. Would be happy to pay £50 a clean every 3yrs because it would pay for itself in 3yrs. My panels are now sparkling and I will take daily readings and compare with old readings. Will let you know how it goes.

Any news on the before and after results?

Thanks

scottish cleaning service
3 hours ago, vito61 said:

Any news on the before and after results?

Thanks

Biggest reading I have ever had was 23kws, 8 panels East facing and 8 panels West facing. The longest day I got 25kws, 23kws fri, 20kws sat, 24kws sun and 21kws now. Panels are meant to deteriorate in time and mine seem to be getting better. The cleaning Must have made a big difference because I'm hitting figures I didn't think I could achieve. Now I know why the solar farms get the panels cleaned every 3 to 6 months. I scrubbed them with WFP and degreaser and then rinsed with tap water. I will be doing it every March from now on. :1f609:

Iron Giant

Cleaning 2 panels tomorrow for £10.00 they are just the type of for heating the water. They haven't been cleaned in around 5 years and are on a ongoing new housing development.

They are for a good long term client just round the corner from a school I am doing in the morning so hopefully should be a quick job.

County Durham Lad

solarpanelcleaningltd

If they’re the old evacuated tubes, be careful.

Iron Giant
8 hours ago, solarpanelcleaningltd said:

If they’re the old evacuated tubes, be careful.

@solarpanelcleaningltd what is the issue the tubes you mention, The house is around maybe 5-6 years old and they were installed when the house was built buy the house builder for green credentials, From my memory they do look like they have tubes behind the outer panel. 🤔

solarpanelcleaningltd
43 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

@solarpanelcleaningltd what is the issue the tubes you mention, The house is around maybe 5-6 years old and they were installed when the house was built buy the house builder for green credentials, From my memory they do look like they have tubes behind the outer panel. 🤔

You’ll be fine. It’s the old style ones that are risky.

Iron Giant
17 minutes ago, solarpanelcleaningltd said:

You’ll be fine. It’s the old style ones that are risky.

Thanks, I did a quick Google and the old tubes are exposed and not behind a panel and they sound a bit iffy

Adrainsmith

Solar panels should be cleaned using purified water and a soft brush.

Will T
On 24/09/2017 at 19:35, Jordiebarrett said:

We charge £8/£10 per panel, two choices take it or leave it

Thanks for this, decided to go with £10 a panel for 16 panels and customer "haggled" me to £150 and free front windows :D I was thinking £5 a panel before seeing this comment!