Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

John Guest Push fit Tubeless

Brandon

I want to try going tubeless using a JG straight push fit connector but there’s one thing holding me back that I can’t get my head around. Maybe I’m missing something.

So as far as I’m aware you cut the pole hose a couple of inches out the bottom of your closed pole and connect a JG straight connector. Then when I want to use it I connect the rest of the pole hose that’s connected to the reel to the straight connector. When I’ve finished using the pole I disconnect the reel side hose from the straight connector.

My question is how does the water stop flowing out of the reel hose?

Surely the straight connector is just that - a connector - no flow valve or aqua stop?

Surely when you reel in the hose, all that water in the hose is just going to flow straight out the end?

I’m probably missing something obvious but can’t figure it out [emoji23]

Any help much appreciated as I’m putting a Gardiner order together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much as I think the ExCeed tubeless kit is excellently engineered, I just love the simplicity of using JG fittings. If you’re using ExCeed’s Univalve you don’t need the bung in the bottom of the top section of pole which makes maintenance simpler, and anything that makes maintenance simpler, I like.

If you need to disconnect whilst your system is powered up just fold the hose in your hand before disconnecting.
Thanks for that but what about when you set off in the van? Where do you leave the hose with no stop end? Just turn off the system and let it drip while on the hose reel?

I use the exact system, I have 20m of pole hose added to my 100m 6mm hose on the reel, I just keep my pole connected most of the time when traveling from job to job, I only disconnect John guest connector when changing pole I.e. Clx 4 for bungelows Turn off pull pull univalve for a second then excess water is emptied generally no dripping works for me and glad I changed to tubeless as connectors are inexpensive.

I think the reason it doesn’t is because it’s not open at the other end.

In order for the water to come out air would have to be allowed in. Any water that does dribble out won’t be much and can be dealt with by putting a cloth under it, or there is a JG bung I believe that you can use if you feel you need it.

I’d say give it a go. You’ve got nothing to lose. Unlike me who paid out for a kit first only to discover it wasn’t really necessary.

Don’t get me wrong, the kit works and you may prefer it. But try this first. It’s a whole lot cheaper and you may find the whole tubeless thing isn’t for you before you spend more serious dosh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark067 is right I used to have more dripping/leakage from my poles with rectus fitting than I get from my 120m hosereel now with JG fitting.

This is my set up get the odd drip but really nothing to worry about I have a towel that I use well reeling in the hose I just place that under the end of hose. 

IMG_0405.JPG

I have the univalve. Hose comes out of pole about a foot and has rectus which I connect and disconnect. It means I can store pole easier.

An annoying problem I am having is I connect the length of hose coming out of pole to hose that attached to the trolley. I extend the pole for tops and the hose goes to pass up through the end cap and into pole. The problem i am having is alot of the time the rectus gets caught on the end cap of slx and sometimes detaches... it can be infuriating as I have to ease it through gently with my hands.

I'm new enough to wfp and would appreciate any advice.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have my jg connection about 1" out the end of the pole

When working i never collapse the first section the last 2 inches so the connection is hidden until i collapse it fully to disconnect it

That is a problem with the Rectus fittings. They work very well, so when you catch them they detach very easily. I believe some wfpers fit the female end to the pole hose instead to prevent this. Only thing is if you rely on the waterstop feature when disconnecting you’ll lose it fitting them this way round. If you’re happy to work without the waterstop feature you may as well use JG fittings.

Exceed tubeless sleeve protects rectus fitting mine trails out the bottom of pole so I can add extra sections, I found at one point all the JG fittings i was using started leaking within hours, I don't use a end cap as the plastic insert in the base of my pole prevents any damage to end of the section and the carbon becoming damaged and splintered.

To prevent fittings catching on base cap as you extend the pole you will need to cut and file the opening to make it a lot bigger, I spent about 10  minutes filing down the hole and managed 1mm so gave up and took end cap off.

20171004_091213.jpg

I think the reason it doesn’t is because it’s not open at the other end.
In order for the water to come out air would have to be allowed in. Any water that does dribble out won’t be much and can be dealt with by putting a cloth under it, or there is a JG bung I believe that you can use if you feel you need it.

I’d say give it a go. You’ve got nothing to lose. Unlike me who paid out for a kit first only to discover it wasn’t really necessary.

Don’t get me wrong, the kit works and you may prefer it. But try this first. It’s a whole lot cheaper and you may find the whole tubeless thing isn’t for you before you spend more serious dosh.

Yeah I think I will try it as like you said the fittings are cheap as chips so nothing to lose.
From what I’ve seen though the benefit from going tubeless is more that you’re using cheaper fittings than rectus.
It seems the majority who use a John guest tubeless setup leave the pole attached to the hose reel most of the time anyway so there’s no real need for the tubeless side of things as tubeless or not you can still reel in the pole hose regardless on where the join on the pole hose is.

Exceed tubeless sleeve protects rectus fitting mine trails out the bottom of pole so I can add extra sections, I found at one point all the JG fittings i was using started leaking within hours, I don't use a end cap as the plastic insert in the base of my pole prevents any damage to end of the section and the carbon becoming damaged and splintered.

To prevent fittings catching on base cap as you extend the pole you will need to cut and file the opening to make it a lot bigger, I spent about 10  minutes filing down the hole and managed 1mm so gave up and took end cap off.
View attachment 11544
I have widened the base rubber and shortened length and seems to be going through a lot better.

20171007_111557.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back