Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Leasing & Pure Water Systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luffy

I need to get a new van and have been looking at the options but i'm wondering about leasing and van mounted systems. With the water tank being bolted to the chassis i'm assuming that this would be a problem as with a lease you don't actually own the van (obviously) so any modifications like this would be a big NO! from the leasing company, correct?

I need to get a new van and have been looking at the options but i'm wondering about leasing and van mounted systems. With the water tank being bolted to the chassis i'm assuming that this would be a problem as with a lease you don't actually own the van (obviously) so any modifications like this would be a big NO! from the leasing company, correct?
Depends on the type of lease you want to take out.

Contract hire would probably be an issue.

At Citroen we also had Finance Lease which made you responsible for the final payment. But not all companies could have a van on lower monthly rentals with a balloon payment at the end. If you were a builder then you have to pay the van off in full. What ever you got for the van at the end of the lease was the lessors, usually used for the initial payment on the next van.

You might give Grippa Tank a ring and see if they can suggest anything.

People used to often think that they could have a lease where an HP deal would be rejected due to a poor credit history and CCJ's. Unfortunately the finances houses are stricter with lease than they are on HP. They initially have more to loose as the initial payment is lower.

If you go down the leasing route you have to be aware of all the implications. Beware of PCP with a large balloon payment. It keeps your monthly payment affordable but can create issues later.

Please make sure of the ownership details. Some contracts are similar to HP and you can own the van when the lease is up, others you can't.

If you don't have a lease where you are responsible for the final payment, (usually Contract Hire) then you need to understand exactly what that finance house terms as fair wear and tear. Each finance house has a different interpretation and they usually supply of booklet if you request it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spruce has made some valid points, I have been looking into vans for a few months now in preparation for next year.

And I will buy a second hand Ford Courier as I can't justify buying a new one at the price they come in at £15,000 + for the van I really want err no not for bloody van.

My mate is a ex mechanic and will help me out but currently Fords are big loads of big firms buying them so plenty of surplus in recent years along with any replacement parts not been pricey either.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Leasing doesn't always benefit the customer. Its primary objective was to fix you into a system on the pretense that you can easily have a new van every 3 or 4 years. But once you get locked into the system its harder to find your way out because of small initial deposits and large balloon payments. So the main beneficaries are the motor manufacturers.

If you need to get out of a contract before it finishes then you need to understand what the implications are. It can end up costing your dearly and even ruin your credit history.

If your contract is mileage based, then you need to make sure you don't go over that mileage agreement. Finance houses penalise for each mile you go over the agreed limit, but give nothing back for being under mileage.

With Contract Hire some finances houses will only accept you having the vehicle serviced at the main dealerships. There is of course the added advantage with contract hire for maintenance to be included with the package. It usually doesn't include tyres. So if you have a nail through the side wall, you are responsible to replace the tyre with the equivalent of the tyre that was damaged. Punctures are also not covered.

A lease vehicles have to be fully insured obviously and you will need GAP insurance as well. If the vehicle is written off in the first few months the value of the vehicle will always be less than the outstanding balance. If memory serves me you only 'broke even' well into the contract toward the end.

I'm not against leasing if you plan to replace your van on a regular basis. It doesn't matter how you finance a van, it depreciates at the same rate whether its on HP or Contract Hire.

Many people are against Contract Hire because they never own the vehicle. That argument doesn't really hold water because a van under HP doesn't belong to you until its fully paid off either - the finance house owns it.

Do you really need a new van? I bought a 3year old partner with fsh and 55k and plan to keep it for 10 years and had a grippatank system fitted, and can do what I like to it for £5000. all in.

Spruce makes some very good points about the various options for financing.

Ultimately any vehicle purchase is going to depreciate - and each finance / purchase option suits different customers at the various points in their business journey. We always try our best to match the finance product to the customers budget and available capital.

Our contract hire funding houses are aware that we install systems into the vehicles, and due to the fact that our systems are crash tested on the basis of not being bolted into the chassis, the holes drilled into the vehicle are kept to a minimum and are thus easier to return to the original condition when returning the vehicle.

The following article may help you further: https://www.grippatank.co.uk/help/systemvehiclepackagefinance/

Spruce makes some very good points about the various options for financing.

Ultimately any vehicle purchase is going to depreciate - and each finance / purchase option suits different customers at the various points in their business journey. We always try our best to match the finance product to the customers budget and available capital.

Our contract hire funding houses are aware that we install systems into the vehicles, and due to the fact that our systems are crash tested on the basis of not being bolted into the chassis, the holes drilled into the vehicle are kept to a minimum and are thus easier to return to the original condition when returning the vehicle.

The following article may help you further: https://www.grippatank.co.uk/help/systemvehiclepackagefinance/

That's a good article you guys have written on finance. :1f44d:

Its so difficult to explain that some leases are on balance sheet and some are off and what the differences are. Its quite a daunting concept when you are just a one man band looking for the cheapest and easiest way to own a new van.

Depends on the type of lease you want to take out.

Contract hire would probably be an issue.

At Citroen we also had Finance Lease which made you responsible for the final payment. But not all companies could have a van on lower monthly rentals with a balloon payment at the end. If you were a builder then you have to pay the van off in full. What ever you got for the van at the end of the lease was the lessors, usually used for the initial payment on the next van.

You might give Grippa Tank a ring and see if they can suggest anything.

People used to often think that they could have a lease where an HP deal would be rejected due to a poor credit history and CCJ's. Unfortunately the finances houses are stricter with lease than they are on HP. They initially have more to loose as the initial payment is lower.

If you go down the leasing route you have to be aware of all the implications. Beware of PCP with a large balloon payment. It keeps your monthly payment affordable but can create issues later.

Please make sure of the ownership details. Some contracts are similar to HP and you can own the van when the lease is up, others you can't.

If you don't have a lease where you are responsible for the final payment, (usually Contract Hire) then you need to understand exactly what that finance house terms as fair wear and tear. Each finance house has a different interpretation and they usually supply of booklet if you request it.

Thanks for the info, i think i'm going with a 2nd hand van now

I have a 2014 Renault traffic sport which I’m selling in January with or without system only 35k if your interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back