Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

So the van I am currently using is a cold one man system.  Two things are in my mind. 

1: winter's coming

2: I have some schools over half term that are minging and hot will be a big advantage. 

Now I know nothing about diesel or LPG  conversions so please don't ask. What I do know is that cheap portable Propane shower heaters work really well. So that's the plan. Fit a DIY unit.  

Now this will be the 3rd one of these I have done so when all the parts arrive in the next few days i will do a real time video to show how simple it is to do in 30 min or less. 

For now here's the shopping list. 

Heater 

Screenshot_20171013-214725.png

Hose. 

Screenshot_20171013-214739.png

Regulator (this time I went with one with a guage to make any potential trouble shooting easier. 

Screenshot_20171013-214752.png

Big azz  spanner - you need this size to fit the regulator. 

Screenshot_20171013-214807.png

With the exception of some PTFE  tape and a couple of jubilee clips that's pretty much it. Including the propane bottle all in under £150. 

Video to follow as soon as parts are in stock. 

i love my gas heater its been fultless so far mine is the l5 , i think i hurd that the 8l ones are very good and dont blow out on windy days wich is my only bug bare with the l5

when the wind blows through the van it can blow the flame out the gas then turns off as safty but it wont reignight till you turn water off and back on again , if your on a big job u will be using hot then if your flame blows out you wont no till cold water starts coming through again its a pain with this happends  , i park my van facing the wind so its not blasting in the back doors now to stop it blowing out 

So the van I am currently using is a cold one man system.  Two things are in my mind. 

2: I have some schools over half term that are minging and hot will be a big advantage. 

Now I know nothing about diesel or LPG  conversions so please don't ask. What I do know is that cheap portable Propane shower heaters work really well. So that's the plan. Fit a DIY unit.  

Now this will be the 3rd one of these I have done so when all the parts arrive in the next few days i will do a real time video to show how simple it is to do in 30 min or less. 

Heater 

View attachment 11594

Hose. 

View attachment 11595

Regulator (this time I went with one with a guage to make any potential trouble shooting easier. 

View attachment 11596

View attachment 11597

With the exception of some PTFE  tape and a couple of jubilee clips that's pretty much it. Including the propane bottle all in under £150. 

The one thing I will give my humble opinion on @Green Pro Clean Ltd, is I bought one of those gas level pressure gauges and found it to be very inaccurate 

No not yet should l?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No.  

With these heaters they need a couple of seconds of cool water flow to cool the hearing element slowly.  

With an instant tap or univalve the cooling stage does not happen and the safety cuts in and causes ball aches. 

One shot controllers are more suited here and will cause the safety to cut in less often. 

Can you also provide some additional info on gas consumption? Placement of the heater due to toxic gas. Any other items you will need for heated water like do you use different hose? Or a specific brush for heated system. What temp do you use it on? As much details would be great as I also would like to convert mine. Also what happens if you don't want heated water all the time? 

Heater 

View attachment 11594

Hose. 

View attachment 11595

View attachment 11596

View attachment 11597

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back