Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lighter pole

Kenny Q

Hi guys, I would appreciate a bit of feedback please. I have a clx 18 and an slx 25. I'm considering buying an extreme 18. The question is, are they worth the cost. For the price difference I would expect never to go back to the heavier poles. Is this your experience? Thanks in advance...

Hi guys, I would appreciate a bit of feedback please. I have a clx 18 and an slx 25. I'm considering buying an extreme 18. The question is, are they worth the cost. For the price difference I would expect never to go back to the heavier poles. Is this your experience? Thanks in advance...
seriously i have clx 27 and a extension for it and use that all day every day. don't get people's issues thinking the poles are so heavy. do you really find your 18 or 25 that heavy to use that u feel the need to buy the extreme 18...save your self some money and do some weights if your finding them to heavy to use lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Great poles, although fragile.. I've had one section snap after 5 months (I sold the remaining sections) and bought another pole a few months later that lasted a year.

They need to washed through regularly and not used to close windows.

i have now gone back to the slx 

seriously i have clx 27 and a extension for it and use that all day every day. don't get people's issues thinking the poles are so heavy. do you really find your 18 or 25 that heavy to use that u feel the need to buy the extreme 18...save your self some money and do some weights if your finding them to heavy to use lol

We used to say that until we buy the lightest poles and you can see how much quicker and easier your day goes.

We buy the best we can use until they gone and then repeat

Nothing wrong with a CLX but honestly if you have the choice between a Dacia or a Mercedes you know which you will go for. Both will get you there just one will do it quicker and with more comfort.
As you say you haven't tried anything else so your point is of no actual relevance as you have not experienced the benefits of other poles.
I have had Brodex ally poles, CLX, SLX, Vipers and now so use an X3 extreme and can honestly say I will not go back to other poles.
If you have the chance try some other poles, talk to fellow windies on the street and ask for a go with theirs. Their really is vast differences.

Nothing wrong with a CLX but honestly if you have the choice between a Dacia or a Mercedes you know which you will go for. Both will get you there just one will do it quicker and with more comfort.
As you say you haven't tried anything else so your point is of no actual relevance as you have not experienced the benefits of other poles.
I have had Brodex ally poles, CLX, SLX, Vipers and now so use an X3 extreme and can honestly say I will not go back to other poles.
If you have the chance try some other poles, talk to fellow windies on the street and ask for a go with theirs. Their really is vast differences.

This was the point I was trying to make, when it becomes viable that’s when we change.

We don’t just upgrade because a new toy is out

When I started I used a cl then got a six but now have a extreme in 18 and 35 and do notice the difference after doing a hard day they are the best I have used and the new ones feel a lot more robust and stronger then the ones with stainless bands 

That's what mine is but a mark 2 with bands all I do is take off 2 sections to make it a 25 when I have a lot of 3 story work on had the pole for nearly 2 years now so well and truly worth every penny

Food for thought. I must admit I'd probably go for the 22. With it being that bit shorter I don't feel as hassled in tight spaces, than I would with the longer sections on the 25. Some great feedback though. Thank you.

Evening lads. My three SLX poles will need replacing soon. Now I’m considering the extremes, but am put off by thought of more maintenance.

So a question for you boys who own extremes, how much more maintenance compared to an SLX have you noticed?

I went for the X22 last year when I broke my SLX. Best decision I've made pole wise so far. Coupled with the xtreme natural hybrid brush it's now my fovourite combo.

I've gotten so used to the rigidity of my Xtreme now that when I watched a fellow windie using a CLX the other day it looked like he was waving a snake about and that was only at first floor level. Mind you he was using a big old brush. Don't know what it was but it was a monster.

Maintenance wise I haven't given mine special attention. I keep a microfibre on my person and during the day I'll wipe it over a couple of times if I feel it necessary and I'll occasionally wipe over the hose where it enters the pole. I've probably hosed it out half dozen times since last December and it still seems solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an slx 22 with an xtreme brush, I found this makes a big difference to the sill brush I was using. Next will be an extreme pole. It's a no brainer to me if you can afford it to get the best kit possible. I believe in spending where makes the most difference...would I buy a 5000 grippatank "system" no, because I can achieve the same thing for 500 quid but a pole now that does earn you more money if you can work faster and longer.

I use an slx 22 with an xtreme brush, I found this makes a big difference to the sill brush I was using. Next will be an extreme pole. It's a no brainer to me if you can afford it to get the best kit possible. I believe in spending where makes the most difference...would I buy a 5000 grippatank "system" no, because I can achieve the same thing for 500 quid but a pole now that does earn you more money if you can work faster and longer.

Funny you say that because I've noticed several windies working near me from expensive looking signwritten vans with decent looking kit inside but with real cheap looking poles, and I've wondered exactly the same thing.

One of my poles is worth more than my motor is. My car has been solidly reliable for the 12 years I've had it and it's perfect for my business. When it eventually goes I shall probably end up with a small van but I will miss my car.

I do put a hose down it when it feels a bit gritty and every couple of months a full strip down and wipe then ptfe spray always wipe my hose to try and keep it clean but not noticed having to do any more manitence then with any other pole 

If I was employing someone then I would put them to work with a clx and replace it when it dies. But if I'm going to be using it day in day out then I want the best and lightest pole I can find. Slx feels perfect for me, but may upgrade to an extreme when mine goes. The slx seems like the perfect compromise between strength and lightness, and seems to be lasting well too...apart from the logo on it which went in the first week.

Back