Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RyanJfifer

Good evening gentlemen!

Couple of questions, I’ve got my first gutter and fascia clean this week.

I’ve read lots of different ways of doing it but wanted to ask some specifics. Bare with me if you can, being new to this industry!

I’m not planning on climbing ladders, and my pole can easily reach the heights I’m going to need. Would you guys recommend me hooking up my pole to a garden tap for the scrubbing or using my pure water? I’ve seen people say it’s a waste of pure water and other say it’s just the job for it.

Chemicals and cleaners- I’ve read loads of different peoples thoughts on what’s best, TFR, UPVC MAX, Pink stuff ect ect.

Can I just have a bucket of with some solution in and dip my brush, then go back up and clean? If I did use cleaners with my brush, is it really important to make sure the brush goes no where near a windows before it’s been washed off? Is it advisable to buy a new brush head to swap over between glass and gutters?

And what damage do the chemicals do to the windows if it’s still on the brush?

Many questions, bit confused. Any help much appreciated.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What is the best way to apply the chemicals/cleaners on the gutters/fascias with out climbing a ladder?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I apply a virosol mix to f.s.g using a gardiners backpack but dipping your brush in a bucket will work just fine , As for using garden tap its a personal preference I just use pure from my tank as some clients don't have outside taps.

If the window frames have never been cleaned I give them a good clean as I work my way around the house and rinse glass down so virosol doesn't dry on the glass and frames if its a strong mix. A really good clean of all the windows with a really good rinse will remove all traces from them and your brush. 

Back